Mancunian voted sexiest accent

Maybe Edgeley had a few hills in fields back then. From my experience other than rows of terraced houses it has a park and castle street for a fight on a Saturday night (or any other night, or afternoon for that matter.)
Don't forget about the Bonk, leads down to Hollywood Towers from the end of Chatham Street, now that's a hill!

Maybe Edgeley had a few hills in fields back then. From my experience other than rows of terraced houses it has a park and castle street for a fight on a Saturday night (or any other night, or afternoon for that matter.)

I can see a bit of a stranger twang popping into an SK postcode the further out you go like Buxton or Stalybridge as they're getting closer to Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire but Edgeley has threw me a bit as you can literally walk into an M postcode within about 30 minutes.

Maybe your cousin had been watching Kes just before you saw him ;)
They lived on Robinson st facing Alex park. No idea where he was referring to.

What is a Manc accent? They got away with using mainly Yorkshire born and bred actors in Corrers for years and nobody noticed.
Manchester has several accents as far as I can tell.
I'm from Wythenshawe, Stockport is only four miles away but their accent is totally different. You can already hear a sort of Yorkshire twang drifting in and they have their own terminology for things. I always remember a kid saying to his mum, "Am plairn up brew, ont croft." (I'm playing up the hill on the field....Apparently) I didn't have a fucking clue what he said. That was in Edgeley. I can walk there in an hour.
I have family in Gorton, Openshawe, and Bradford areas who markedly talk differently to us down here. Some Manc accents bare no resemblance to each other whatsoever to my ears at least.
Yeah, I agree. The difference between just a few miles might not seem so to someone outside of Manchester but it's definitely there.
It's like Bury and Bolton accents....if you live amongst them you realise the difference.

Yeah, I agree. The difference between just a few miles might not seem so to someone outside of Manchester but it's definitely there.
It's like Bury and Bolton accents....if you live amongst them you realise the difference.
Throw Wigan and Hyde into the mix too...My dad had a mate from "Wiggin"...Big blue...I always thought he was a foreigner when I was a kid...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.