Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

We paid £4.5m for Richard Dunne.

13 years later we pay £30m for a French version of Richard Dunne

A9eE.gif

Are you not allowed to compare players now?
Im not slagging off either. They were chosen for the club by an individual hopefully the latter isnt here anymore and maybe the club will learn from their mistakes.

But hey keep rolling your eyes for taking what i said out of context

How is Mangala a French version of Dunne?

Dunne led our defence for years, was a fantastic servant to the club and formed a great partnership with Distin. Also, he was Player Of The Season FOUR times in a row.

There is no comparison, Mangala was signed for a team with different expectations in a totally different era. And in my opinion, he isn't too bad...

How is Mangala a French version of Dunne?

Dunne led our defence for years, was a fantastic servant to the club and formed a great partnership with Distin. Also, he was Player Of The Season FOUR times in a row.

There is no comparison, Mangala was signed for a team with different expectations in a totally different era. And in my opinion, he isn't too bad...

Some people forget how Dunne was in that era he was a colossal at the back for us. It was only in the later years when we had cash to throw around and Dunne got older people starting to think he was shit. He was an important part of our history and with his performances getting us back into the prem on that we got to where we are now.

What ever next the Goat was a carthorse and not fit to where the shirt?

Some people forget how Dunne was in that era he was a colossal at the back for us. It was only in the later years when we had cash to throw around and Dunne got older people starting to think he was shit. He was an important part of our history and with his performances getting us back into the prem on that we got to where we are now.

What ever next the Goat was a carthorse and not fit to where the shirt?
Very well said Mike,it makes me cringe when i read comments that devalue the contributions of players like Dunne,that,despite any limitations,gave everything for our club,and are just as big a reason as our more recent players that we are in the privileged position to watch the football we do now.

Dunne was stand out good in a poor team.

Mangala is stand out bad in a phenomenal team.

Could not be more different given eras.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.