Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because he's been taught by two of the worst defense coaches ever at Dortmund.

As someone that watches Dortmund regularly

He's decent best attribute is his pace incredibly quick, good with both feet. Did have a few injury scares under Rose but he's a unit strong and quick. Dortmund wanted him to stay but he wanted alot more money than they were offering so Dortmund went out and signed a new cb.

He's got quality reminds me alot of rudiger just not a arse hole. Can play LCB and RCB so Pep will love him a few mistakes here and there but they can be ironed out

He's Ridiculously quick for a cb
He's also had some good first team coaches.

I take your info in good faith though as I've never heard of him.

Looks an astute signing, quick, good on the ball, loves to get tucked in. Happy we’ve strengthened the defence.

I live nearish to Ake saw him out walking with his Mrs on Sunday was very much still injured, shortened stride protecting his groin. Pep said he started running last week, cant see that at all!
What a wife he’s got, his groin strain’s are probably picked up indoors

Don’t see the point in this signing. How do we keep 5 centre backs happy?
Analytically it suggests it won’t be a problem given the injury record of the other 4… it’s covering all bases and although not popular, one of stones or Ake will move on imo next season, which rather than getting into bidding wars next year, seems prudent business!

Very rare we have 5 cb's fit and if he has pace then he is a welcome addition.
Yep- from what I've seen of him he'd dust anyone we currently have in that position- and we have seen time and again the last few years a team who parks it- then goes over the top and none of our guys can provide that recovery pace as high as we tend to play our CBs up the field.

I've watched him quite a bit to be honest as I watched a fair bit of B. Dortmund the past year to give Haaland a look (even when he wasn't playing). Also saw many of the Switzerland games and he clearly (IMO) was their very best defender- might not say much but he's Ake level or better and IMO consistent which Stones at the moment is not giving us.

He's a solid signing and I am stoked he's joining- if in fact it makes it over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.