Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sign a player for one game? Except for a 3 CB system, I can't see us keeping all 5 happy. One of Ake, Stones and Akanji is going to go into the next summer not at all happy with their playing time.

No but there were points at the end of last season where we had 2 or 3 fit centre backs and we were desperate to rotate them or we had no full back and had to use a centre back there.

This also gives us extra cover at full back as it frees up Stones and Ake.

we pay £15m for a player who might be playing in case 2 or 3 other guys are injured..seems Mbete or the other CBs on loan/EDS/CFG aren`t rated at all..
He's better not to mention more experienced than Mbete or anyone in our system at present and at 15M- it's a good investment. IMO it means we're more injured than we let on- or- Pep is really going to give 3 at the back a go.

So sign a player for one game? Except for a 3 CB system, I can't see us keeping all 5 happy. One of Ake, Stones and Akanji is going to go into the next summer not at all happy with their playing time.

I get what you are saying. I think Ake will probably be sold next summer anyway. I think we are just bringing his replacement 1 year early. Mainly because of injury issues at the back.

That said, i gotta believe Pep can make use of all 5 CB's even if they all manage to stay fit. Wouldn't at all be surprise to see more of the back 3 formation Pep used against Palace after Cancelo went off. Akanji's pace could be helpful in a similar way Walker's is.

He came from the mountains of white chocolate and snow
With his transfer fee at an all time low.
Man UTD want to sign but the fee is way to cheap
A player like Akanji they would not want to keep.
A Swiss international, big, quick and strong.
The Viking recommends him so what could go wrong.

Words to the Immigrant song.

Not quite sure why we need 5 centre halves

Stones, Aké and Laporte seem to pick up quite a few injuries, plus we play over 60 games and have a World Cup stuck in the middle of the season. And our squad is way too small.

Hopefully we get this guy signed and he turns out decent. If he’s quick and over 6ft then he should do ok as a defender.

Don’t see the point in this signing. How do we keep 5 centre backs happy?
3 at the back. At least 1 likely injured for every game the rate were going anyway- so in that case not an issue if we only play a standard 2 center half defense.

3 at the back maximizes our ability to have more creative wing backs- and (hopefully) jettisons the inverted fullback potion Pep has been under the influence of lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.