Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about this the more I think it’s a genius move by Txiki, Omar, Pep.

This allows us to operate a back 3 in certain games even taking into account injuries which I think will happen with Alvarez/Haaland playing up top together.

Akanji can operate comfortably at LB too.

He’s also an excellent technical footballer and good with both feet and extremely fast. His form literally dropped at Dortmund when they couldn’t find any common ground on a new contract. It’s understandable that your performance drops if you don’t feel valued which is what happened here. Prior to this he was comfortably Dortmunds best centre half. The reason their fans are happy he’s leaving is because they are very salty about his refusal to agree terms on a new deal.

The more I think about this the more I think it’s a genius move by Txiki, Omar, Pep.

This allows us to operate a back 3 in certain games even taking into account injuries which I think will happen with Alvarez/Haaland playing up top together.

The same can Laporte, Ake, Gomez also.

Hasn’t pep tried to play a 343 with us previously but it wouldn’t quite work, I seem to remember him moving to that formation with Bayern too.
He may use Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake, Laporte and Akanji to cover the 3 defensive positions and move Cancelo and Gomes into midfield positions

He’s also an excellent technical footballer and good with both feet and extremely fast. His form literally dropped at Dortmund when they couldn’t find any common ground on a new contract. It’s understandable that your performance drops if you don’t feel valued which is what happened here. Prior to this he was comfortably Dortmunds best centre half. The reason their fans are happy he’s leaving is because they are very salty about his refusal to agree terms on a new deal.

One compliment I'd give after watching him for Dortmund, is if there was ever a perfect CB for Pep Akanji is that. Both footed so can play both sides of defence. Incredible passing ability and vision. I'm so happy we are hopefully getting him.

Great bit of business £15m for a Swiss international starter, CL experience helps with squad depth and allows Pep to experiment with 3 at the back. And for his "so-called" poor injury record still managed 30-35 games a season, I'll take that!

Know literally nothing about this guy, had not heard of him until just now. But the recruiting team and Txiki don't often go wrong these days…
A bit worried about Aké. I wonder if he'll ever be truly injury-free for us. We don't half get a lot of injuries among our central defenders.

Just as well Tony Bloom doesn't own Dortmund as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.