Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are different variations how you can play the three at the back in the 3-5-2 system.

offensiv minded = 1CB,2WB
"neutral" minded = 2CB,1WB (used by Pep in the past, Tuchels approach)
defensiv minded = 3 CB (Conte,Simeone,Ole)

Personally i would love to see Walker, 1CB, Cancelo at the back. I think 3 CB is counterproductive to how most of the teams will set-up against city.

It's Ederson at the back and the other 10 up front 1-10

Dortmund fan account on Twitter saying he’s good in a high line, fantastic on the ball but 50/50 in the air.

Apparently made it clear he won’t be signing a new contract hence being ‘happy’ he’s going because it means they get a fee.

Dortmund fan account on Twitter saying he’s good in a high line, fantastic on the ball but 50/50 in the air.

Apparently made it clear he won’t be signing a new contract hence being ‘happy’ he’s going because it means they get a fee.
Centre halves in the championship go for that price these days
35 caps for a very decent international side and loads of European experience at Basle and Dortmund
A genuine no brainer deal for that price. We would justifiably ask for more for Taylor HB

Hasn’t pep tried to play a 343 with us previously but it wouldn’t quite work, I seem to remember him moving to that formation with Bayern too.
He may use Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake, Laporte and Akanji to cover the 3 defensive positions and move Cancelo and Gomes into midfield positions
When i remember him trying it was at the start of the season and we had 2 wingers who were absolutely brilliant at the time. Thankfully he quickly abandoned it and went for the wingers ahead of Otta. Bit different now though as we don’t have one genuine winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.