Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good squad addition if the deal is completed and let’s the club send out Mbete to the championship gain some experience.
Also builds up our team of former dortmund players for when we bid for Bellingham next season

his biggest strength is probably to play under pressure and disrupt attacks early. he is also physically strong. he had a short rough patch at dortmund where he made some errors leading to goals but normaly he is solid at everything with no glaring weaknesses but also nothing he really excels at.
Sounds good to me. He’ll mostly be using his build up skills and he sounds like he’s a front footed defender.

Thanks merz.

Cue media and rival fans crying about how many centre halfs do we want, and not mentioning the value for money and our overall net spend this summer

Really odd if true. I've always quite liked him in the limited times I've seen him play but doesn't he have injury issues?

Makes no sense to bring in a 5th cb, so either one of the injuries we have to ake/laporte is going to keep them out for at least half a season or one is leaving.

I'm happy to bring in an extra body to bolster our almost negligent tiny squad, cb is probably the very last position aside from keeper I'd pick for an extra body though. A genuine fullback would have made more sense.

I reckon it's a combination of our CB's seemingly being injury prone + a lack of full-backs. Which means that we might need to shift 1 of our CB's into FB at times.

Then next summer if Ake wants to leave, Akanji will take his place as our 4th choice CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.