Manuel Locatelli

I would say we need to sign Auoar at some point though to play the David Silva role, Tommy could come in for tricky away games for more protection. However both Palmer and Mcatee look promising so there may be no need at all.
I think mcatee is atleast 2 years off. He is in fodens league in my opinion but needs to be handled the same. Whereas Tommy doyle is better suited physically to be in and around the team now. I think mcatee is a phenomenal talent technically and Tommy is technically very good but also has that extra grit and aggression. Also Tommy's set pieces will add a bit extra to the team. Aouar is a fix it now player though who could be with us for a decade but will he block pathways for our fantastic youth.

Just to put this out there - Is there a fernandinho like player right now around the world. I have watched a lot of football in my life and damn the amount of technical athletic nous with a bit of cuntiness that he has brought to our team I have seen no one in last 7-8 years. I may sound naive but Silva Ferna and Yaya were one of a kind players that we were lucky to have and can't be replaced man to man.
Everyone we have scouted lags in one dimension or another. It's a travesty they never got to put their hands on a CL in their City time.
Well ferna still could :P

Just to put this out there - Is there a fernandinho like player right now around the world. I have watched a lot of football in my life and damn the amount of technical athletic nous with a bit of cuntiness that he has brought to our team I have seen no one in last 7-8 years. I may sound naive but Silva Ferna and Yaya were one of a kind players that we were lucky to have and can't be replaced man to man.
Everyone we have scouted lags in one dimension or another. It's a travesty they never got to put their hands on a CL in their City time.
Fernandinho is fairly similar to Touré in that he took a fairly unconventional career path in ways up to this point. Box to box attack minded CM from Brazil -> Ukraine -> City where he becomes DM -> City under Pep.

Plus he's incredibly experienced, which means that even if we found a like for like somehow that player would still be a way off.

There's no way we can replace him with a like for like that isn't in some way lacking. Same with any of our past and present stars of recent (Touré, Kompany, Silva, Aguero etc). Our best bet is to hope that the players we have can develop (Gundogan, Rodri, Doyle etc) and whoever we sign as a midfield replacement matches the quality overall.

Great post agree entirely lets hope we can do it for fern this season.

We are scouting both Zakaria and Locatelli, while Zakaria is a faster, more youthful version of Fernandinho, Locatelli is slower than Rodri.

We are scouting both Zakaria and Locatelli, while Zakaria is a faster, more youthful version of Fernandinho, Locatelli is slower than Rodri.
Not saying he's bad or anything...... just pointing out that we are looking at various profiles instead of different players who fit into one profile

Is that even possible thought javi garcia was slow but locatelli must be like a tortoise with a broken leg and its handbrake on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.