Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple_One_Two said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
cleavers said:
Whilst I would have brought him on, we were never 3-0 up with 30 minutes left, is probably the reason.
All right then why not give him 10 mins when we went 3-0 instead of putting on a guy who has no future at the club. Just doesn't make sense to me
Sinclair doesn't have any future at the club, but throwing him on in a game that was already won brought him a little attention and possibly helps move him out the door. I believe I saw something yesterday about good 'ol Harry Redknapp wanting him at QPR. Would that interest have been there if he hadn't been on the pitch yesterday? Maybe, maybe not, but if we can bump up his transfer fee a bit by giving him 9 min of playing time then I don't mind not playing Ambrose.

That is the biggest pile of horseshit i have ever read

Great man management from the gaffer giving such a young and inexperienced lad a taste of what its like to be involved with a first team matchday squad and he will be wiser and better for it with an idea of what it takes and what he needs to do to make sure he is a part of it long term.

How many other kids of his age and experience made squads this weekend in the PL i wonder?

blueinsa said:
Great man management from the gaffer giving such a young and inexperienced lad a taste of what its like to be involved with a first team matchday squad and he will be wiser and better for it with an idea of what it takes and what he needs to do to make sure he is a part of it long term.

How many other kids of his age and experience made squads this weekend in the PL i wonder?

More nonsense

hilts said:
Simple_One_Two said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
All right then why not give him 10 mins when we went 3-0 instead of putting on a guy who has no future at the club. Just doesn't make sense to me
Sinclair doesn't have any future at the club, but throwing him on in a game that was already won brought him a little attention and possibly helps move him out the door. I believe I saw something yesterday about good 'ol Harry Redknapp wanting him at QPR. Would that interest have been there if he hadn't been on the pitch yesterday? Maybe, maybe not, but if we can bump up his transfer fee a bit by giving him 9 min of playing time then I don't mind not playing Ambrose.

I concur, because he probably doesn't have a "transfer fee", if we get one it would be nominal at best, everyone knew he was available, and anyone interested can send a scout to watch him train.

To MRFC, I said "why not ?" myself about 15 pages ago, so no argument from me, I was just pointing out that we were never 3-0 up and cruising with 30 minutes left.

Its done now anyway, but for me Sinclair shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch for us, unless its a complete emergency, not his fault, and I hope he gets sorted with another club, but there's no future here for him, whereas Ambrose has got one, and a few minutes would imho have done him a lot more good than it did Sinclair.

hilts said:
Simple_One_Two said:
hilts said:
There is no reason is the simple answer

To think that one of the best run clubs in the world made a decision for no reason is a bit foolish. Just because the reason is not obvious to you does not mean it doesn't exist. I don't claim to know the answer, but there clearly was one and I'm just trying to purpose possible explanations. When you have something to actually contribute go ahead and get back to me ;).

cleavers said:
hilts said:
Simple_One_Two said:

I concur, because he probably doesn't have a "transfer fee", if we get one it would be nominal at best, everyone knew he was available, and anyone interested can send a scout to watch him train.

To MRFC, I said "why not ?" myself about 15 pages ago, so no argument from me, I was just pointing out that we were never 3-0 up and cruising with 30 minutes left.

Its done now anyway, but for me Sinclair shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch for us, unless its a complete emergency, not his fault, and I hope he gets sorted with another club, but there's no future here for him, whereas Ambrose has got one, and a few minutes would imho have done him a lot more good than it did Sinclair.

I just think some people see a slight on the manager and feel the need to defend him with nonsense, it isn't even a big thing, i mean is it hard just to say i suppose he could have thrown the lad on for 10 minutes

hilts said:
blueinsa said:

More nonsense

The lads own thoughts on his twitter account say different.

blueinsa said:
hilts said:
blueinsa said:

More nonsense

He would hardly say fuck me i thought the boss might have given me a run out the twat, footballers may not be known for their brains but nobody is that daft

malg said:
pablomurphy said:
OB1 said:
If he keeps getting on the bench over the festive season and we have further opportunities to blood him in a convincing win or need to change things tactically to get a goal and he still does not get any game time, that would be a far more appropriate time to have this debate, IMO.

If yesterday wasn't that game to blood him then it aint ever going to happen
Fucking bang on the money. I'll bet Ambrose is disappointed to at least not get on the pitch.

Ambrose is just 17, he'll be delighted to be involved.

Players can start too young. Look at Fulham this season, they had a great FA youth cup winning side, full of very exciting prospects. Start of the season the manager was giving them a go. They were bottom of Championship.

17 year olds are living a dream being involved with the first team. I maybe wrong but wasn't Ambrose only just prompted to the EDS this season? You lot are asking a lot.

Young lads need to train extensively with the first team before being put on the pitch. Ambrose doesn't always play for the EDS and certainly not as a main striker.

hilts said:
blueinsa said:
hilts said:
More nonsense

He would hardly say fuck me i thought the boss might have given me a run out the twat, footballers may not be known for their brains but nobody is that daft

Just letting you know he sounded really pumped, happy and determined to give 200% going forward to take his chance.

Im happy to believe he was being genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.