Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Lucky Toma said:
Cue the same old faces coming in drily pointing out this is the same manager who won us a double last season.

They're on the way. I can smell their misplaced smugness.

First order of business when we bomb out of the CL and cannot catch Chelsea - Pellegrini out.

Whilst I agree, and await the 'I told you so' brigade, who will doubtless manage to forget having been stone cold wrong for 18 months, with similarly bated breath, the difference now is that I think team and manager look like a collective busted flush. That 2nd half display was little short of disgusting today, a disorganised, toothless, inept shambles. Part of it is due to a set of players, who no longer look motivated, and also lack the attributes to make the chosen system work, but ultimate responsibility for that on both counts lies with Pellegrini. I've supported him all the way through to this point, but if he was sacked this evening I wouldn't bat an eyelid

Agreed mate, he has completely lost the plot. I said a few weeks ago that MP gives me the impression of a man who wants the sack, I've never in my life known a manager so inflexible. It truly is incredible.

Daz_Blue said:
1961_vintage said:
hgblue said:
Oh for a manager who'll send out a side capable of being defensively disciplined, giving 100% committment to the cause, and performing with the tactical nous necessary to come through tests like today and midweek.

We had one of those didn't we?

Pearce ?

Lol - Pearce & Beany combo.

We should be finishing 2nd. I can't see us being any lower than that.

If for a second it looks like we may fall out of the top 4, then that is the only way he will be shown the door before the summer.

We have come off the rails, though. No team has a divine right to win a trophy every season and we will not be the first to do so.

I think half of this squad will be on the way in the summer. If its Manuel in charge of rebuilding, remains to be seen.

Bony has been terrible but he's come on in the wrong situations, so ridiculous to throw any criticism his way. Yet.

I like the guy, needs to be given a chance (by us and the manager! And that's not to say Dzeko shouldn't start ahead of him at the moment)

OB1 said:
dctid said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Pellegrini isn't fully at fault. It's been a mix of huge expectations after the money we've spent. We should take a step back and look at our spending compared to Real Madrid and barcelona. They can go out and spend millions on one player. When it does come to buying players, we've been totally inept to sign a player who would become a key player in this side. Weather it's been marwood or txiki, we've been wank in the transfer window for 3 seasons now. It's catching up with us now, espiecally with our ageing squad. There is a certain worry in me that we could be in a for a couple of seasons going through a transition, because we need a serious overhaul.

Another thing is mentality. Our players talk to talk, but they seem to do it with arrogance. It's almost like, we've done it before and we will do it again. In them title run ins, we just got on with it, we didn't speak a word. This arrogance is showing on the pitch, I can almost guarentee now that weve fucked up today, we will go on another good run. It was the same in Mancinis last season, best team in the league, but our arrogance and half hearted performances have killed us.

We've got some massive decisions to make in the summer. If pellegrini was to go, I want to see a manger come in and txiki to take a step back with the transfers dealings.

There is a fundamental issue here with your argument regardless of how much any given player costs the first requirement of any footballer as Barca and Pool today is workrate. If Liverpool players and Barca players can close down space then so can ours but were not. The issues with the team are fundamental and that is down to the manager no one else, if Messi can run his fucking socks off without the ball then so the fucking hell can we but we don't

So pissed off with with Pellegrini want him gone and to think we got rid of a manager because the players didn't like to be shouted at, there would be blood on the fucking walls under Mancini and if the little darlings don't like it then they have to go.

Simione or bring Bobby back, and if half a dozen transfer requests go in then so be it because most of those players are stealing a fucking living

The players did this sort of thing under Mancini (especially on Merseyside) and he never found a cure. Whatever happens on the managerial front, we have to make some serious changes to the playing personnel.

True, but I'm increasingly of the opinion that the manager is the bigger problem. If I thought there was a decent replacement ready and waiting to step in to the breach, I'd sack him with immediate effect. That was totally unacceptable today

Tactically naive again today.

Kompany cost us again though.

I actually feel for Pellegrini, we keep gifting the opposition easy goals.

Demi and Mangala for the Leicester game.

Jaxite said:
Mattyc55 said:
Jaxite said:
If Mangala was fucking shit how fucking shit was Kompany?

Even worse. Just making a point that we spent 32mil on this guy & one of the players who's expected to take us forward over the next decade. He's terrible.

Overpriced? Yes.

But think back to how fucking dreadful Martin was in the first half of the season.

Remember Mangalas game against Chelsea he was insane, he lacks consistency thats all

Price aside, are you confident that he has the capabilities to take the mantle of this defence forward for the next decade? Honest question.

His distribution is appalling and whilst I understand that his partner has been shocking all season, Iv seen the guy have one good game against a Chelsea side that didn't really test us.

I don't have any faith in his ability/positioning whatsoever. Got sucked into the middle to sterling in the first ten minutes today and if lallana scores that it's all his fault. Genuinely think he's shite.

Ray78 said:
A complete fuck up by both players and manager. It is now down to how we will end the season and whether he gets to see his last year of his contract imho.
He'll go I am sure.

What we need in this team is a Mike Doyle, Smmerbee, or Colin Bell. We don't have that. Is that Pellegrini's fault?

The players are technically good enough, but all season long we've had a lazy arrogant air, and it's sad that it looks like a decent football man like Pellegrini will lose his job as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.