Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaudinoMotors said:
Dogtanian said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Could one of our technical experts post caller Alex's irate but succinct post match rant on BBC Radio Manchester please. I understand they were going to post it on their site.
Summed it up perfectly.

I'd add:-
No improvement whatsoever in our play - actually regressing.
Failure to improve our clear failings.

On another note - the players look heavy - over conditioning.

Listened to that in the car coming back from the game....was epic.

Wasn't it - best City caller I've ever heard.

It just went on and on..did make the trip home better, was some good calls this week though and didn't have Jimmy Wagg with his usual defence of telling us how nice a person the manager or player is.

I am wondering whether it is Txiki who is the problem. We are playing like Barca a few years ago. So much possession. But with no Messi to get us out the shit.

The tiki taka has been exposed by Simeone and Ancelotti who both play a much higher tempo game.

If we are basing our whole club on an outmoded style of play I worry. I admit I haven's seen Vieira's boys so not sure if that is the case.

But I do think we need a more direct style from our first team. Yaya is the only one who can make the Tiki Taka work and he may be moving on.

Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater why not see where we are at the end of the season. Today was awful but for the first half of the season we have had crucial players injured, we played without strikers and still managed to claw back points and get out of the group in the CL. We now have Yaya out and the players from injury haven't found form. Things aren't perfect but to turn on Pellegrini when in May him and the team won two trophies is wrong imo.

Dogtanian said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Dogtanian said:
Listened to that in the car coming back from the game....was epic.

Wasn't it - best City caller I've ever heard.

It just went on and on..did make the trip home better, was some good calls this week though and didn't have Jimmy Wagg with his usual defence of telling us how nice a person the manager or player is.

He really gave it to Shaun about following the party line instead of criticising.

kalouk said:
Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater why not see where we are at the end of the season. Today was awful but for the first half of the season we have had crucial players injured, we played without strikers and still managed to claw back points and get out of the group in the CL. We now have Yaya out and the players from injury haven't found form. Things aren't perfect but to turn on Pellegrini when in May him and the team won two trophies is wrong imo.

We have had bad moments before and turned it around, eg Arsenal when we got beat, thought we'd lost the title to Utd, and went on to win it

But here it jst looks like we don't have the will to fight for our title

Rather ironic that some fans spent the Summer trying to drum Yaya Toure out of the club, and he's about the only player who you can rely on and step up to take responsibility on the pitch.

blueinsa said:
mastermind said:
man united can be 3 points behind us if the win the next game.

hopefully now you understand the severity of the situation.

#PellegriniOut

"man united"

Someone boot this fucker off please

you prefered a capital "M" did you ?

IWasHere said:
hgblue said:
Fernando in a midfield 2. Two of our best players from last week on the bench. No natural width. No pace. Taking Silva off when we're desperate for a goal. A tactical masterclass from the manager.

This pretty much sums him up.

i haven't watched it but please don't tell me he takes Silva off when we needed a goal... my days

mastermind said:
blueinsa said:
mastermind said:
man united can be 3 points behind us if the win the next game.

hopefully now you understand the severity of the situation.

#PellegriniOut

"man united"

Someone boot this fucker off please

you prefered a capital "M" did you ?

Like ive said, you're way to obvious

robbieh said:
I am wondering whether it is Txiki who is the problem. We are playing like Barca a few years ago. So much possession. But with no Messi to get us out the shit.

The tiki taka has been exposed by Simeone and Ancelotti who both play a much higher tempo game.

If we are basing our whole club on an outmoded style of play I worry. I admit I haven's seen Vieira's boys so not sure if that is the case.

But I do think we need a more direct style from our first team. Yaya is the only one who can make the Tiki Taka work and he may be moving on.

i was saying this last autumn!! and nobody listened! i wasnt saying it in a doom-mongery way, i more meant it that Bayern, Atletico, Real and even Barca (but no so much) were moving into fast direct tactics and were in danger of being left behind. Mass possession is dead, it died 12 months ago. we need to be able to adapt a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.