Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Hefner said:
Why make changes after a good performance V Chelsea?

Playing Nasri, Aguero, Kompany and Dzecko was stupid

Dropping Sagna, Navas and Milner was ridiculous

He makes too many change that don't need making! Today, he changed our defence, midfield and attack!

It was fucking stupid

+1 completely agree

blueinsa said:
Players rubbish and manager rubbish today.

This side is at the end of its natural cycle and we are in need of a serious re build this summer.

Only those at the top can say if Pellegrini will be here to lead it or not and if im honest, im not fussed. Its far more important we get the re build right and the focus will be on Txiki and what he can do.

Judging by the poor signings he / Txiki have made would you trust him with £100 million to spend? Nobody can dress it up but our signings under Pellegrini have been very questionable at best.

Jovetic, Mangala, Fernando gave been very very poor for the money spent offering absolute fuck all to the squad.

But the worrying thing for me is our defence , fucking shocking and has been since Pellegrini arrived- we got away with it last season with the huge amount of goals scored, when Uniteds defence have let in less goals than us with there injury problems then something just isn't right.

It's plagued Manuel all his career- his teams can't defend.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
robbieh said:
I am wondering whether it is Txiki who is the problem. We are playing like Barca a few years ago. So much possession. But with no Messi to get us out the shit.

The tiki taka has been exposed by Simeone and Ancelotti who both play a much higher tempo game.

If we are basing our whole club on an outmoded style of play I worry. I admit I haven's seen Vieira's boys so not sure if that is the case.

But I do think we need a more direct style from our first team. Yaya is the only one who can make the Tiki Taka work and he may be moving on.

Agreed as to all of this. Barca in that last Pep year looked incredibly bad against (ironically) Bayern. Then Bayern struggled a bit early in Pep's first year. (In truth they are a tough side to get a read on as there has been almost zero domestic competition for them for a few years now.)

Seems like Pep has tweaked his setup since then. More reliance on Ribery and that horrible twat Robben for pace down the wings.

As to Pellers and Txiki, they still may be hamstrung a bit by the overall construction of the team. Much of which predated them. I was thinking today - should have started Navas. But then you have SIlva and Nasri. And you need to try to get something out of Dzeko so he needs to start sometime. Then Aguero is an automatic for the XI so there are two strikers that need to be on. No Navas, then. And then without Yaya you need either the unsuited Fernando or the immobile Lampard or Milner in CM who has rarely played there in ages.

Point being - doesn't make a lot of sense to utterly write off Pellers and the Catalans right now. They are still remaking the team and have to do with what was left to them.

Going forward, I would cringe at the thought of doubling down on the tika-taka. It doesn't need Messi to work but I think the experience of Spain lately shows it has probably been found out at a high level.

"What was left to them"?? Oh you mean the dross like Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Nasri, Kompany, Zabaleta. FFS you make it sound like they inherited a squad that had just been relegated!

The biggest culprits today were Fernando and Fernandinho who repeatedly gave the ball away, committed too many niggly fouls which slowed the game down even more and offered nothing in an attacking sense,

Should be sacked for the state of our Corner kicks. Dreadful and has done nothing to change it.

If you put out the following:
1 Hart
5 Zabaleta
4 Kompany
26 Demichelis
22 Clichy
8 Nasri
6 Fernando
25 Fernandinho
21 Silva
10 Dzeko
16 Aguero

And they don't win, you're either playing Aguero in goal or these players have a serious problem, the same problem we saw in Mancini's final year. The fact this is happening AGAIN makes me think that clearly while we have great players, they do not have the mentality of true winners, it would explain our repeated european fuck ups for starters.

chesterbells said:
Dogtanian said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Wasn't it - best City caller I've ever heard.

It just went on and on..did make the trip home better, was some good calls this week though and didn't have Jimmy Wagg with his usual defence of telling us how nice a person the manager or player is.

Lads that was SHB off here I think

thought it was at the time.

great call Alex.

Nice fellow, good for the holistic approach but tactically poor ,from team selection to substitutions and obviously is not motivating the players to put in a 90 minute shift full of passion and desire to win. Some will say he won us the double last season but I would argue that there are many managers that could have done that with the players he has at his disposal.

The fitness levels of the players this season and the standard of football has been absolutely woeful! Time for manuel to go imo and tixiki must be looking over his shoulder as well! Some VERY poor transfers.

de niro said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n03g8nsaBro[/video]

Im not hiding Bill. Fucking dreadful today from start to finish.

He got it wrong for 90 mins and so did the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.