Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's too nice and the players are taking the piss. It's like when your at school and you get a supply teacher in and the class runs riot. Mancini was 100% correct to call out the players who were not working hard enough and criticise their shit performances but the spoilt twats got in a huff and stopped playing to get him the sack. It's time this squad was gutted and we bring in a manager like Simeone who they will fear and respect and any player that doesn't like getting shouted at can fuck off and we will bring in players who can work hard and give 100% every game.

RandomJ said:
He's too nice and the players are taking the piss. It's like when your at school and you get a supply teacher in and the class runs riot. Mancini was 100% correct to call out the players who were not working hard enough and criticise their shit performances but the spoilt twats got in a huff and stopped playing to get him the sack. It's time this squad was gutted and we bring in a manager like Simeone who they will fear and respect and any player that doesn't like getting shouted at can fuck off and we will bring in players who can work hard and give 100% every game.

+1

How long are the sheik and Khaldoun going to let this continue? It's mirroring what happened in bobbys final year in charge only in Pellers case it's the reverse where as mancini was a tough taskmaster pellers let's the players really take the piss. It's hard to see anyone doing any worse than him at the moment. He may or may not see the season out but he won't be in charge next season, I think we've all seen enough to realise that. Nice guy but that won't get you nowhere at this level.

RandomJ said:

Simply put, if we could give 100% every game there would be no limits on what this club could achieve.

Sad that we arent even close.

B\connellblue said:
How long are the sheik and Khaldoun going to let this continue? It's mirroring what happened in bobbys final year in charge only in Pellers case it's the reverse where as mancini was a tough taskmaster pellers let's the players really take the piss. It's hard to see anyone doing any worse than him at the moment. He may or may not see the season out but he won't be in charge next season, I think we've all seen enough to realise that. Nice guy but that won't get you nowhere at this level.
cant see any changes before season end tbh, but with nothing to show for the season(bar a miracle) or an amazing turn around, i think he be shown the door, as said after we won under mancini it started to fall apart and theres signs of it happening again, deja vu rears its head

Soon as I heard the team selection @ 2, whilst on the way to the game, I knew he'd fucked it up but obviously thought we'd still have enough to beat Hull.

I'm completely convinced that MP pays no attention whatsoever to the opposition, just picks a side and sends them out.

It's all very strange but I'm certainly sick of the shite we are seeing at home games most weeks.

Rammy Blue said:
Soon as I heard the team selection @ 2, whilst on the way to the game, I knew he'd fucked it up but obviously thought we'd still have enough to beat Hull.

I'm completely convinced that MP pays no attention whatsoever to the opposition, just picks a side and sends them out.

It's all very strange but I'm certainly sick of the shite we are seeing at home games most weeks.
Don't think you're far off Blue, he never learns. He hasn't taken a FA Cup game serious since he's been at City either.

Today was kind of the nadir of Pellegrini's limitations as manager.

Playing Fernando in a 442 against a bottom 3 side at home despite him proving time and time again how diabolical he is in that role. Make no mistake, if Yaya was available it would have been a straight swap, one for one. No tactical tweaks, no slight change in shape, nothing, just Fernando out, Yaya in. So that means he's asking Fernando to do what Yaya does. Staggering.

He realised his ridiculous error at half time and put Silva centre mid for the second half and stayed 442. This despite the fact Silva has not played a single game at centre mid in a 442 in his entire career. He kept Nasri on the wing, despite the fact he's played the majority of his career in the middle. Strange.

We played better in the second half, had them on the ropes, looked like scoring, then he brought Dzeko off. Perhaps he was not fit enough to play 90 minutes, so we'll give him a pass on that. But he then brings Milner on. And plays him up front!! Like for like. Lol.

Now when all 3 strikers were out, in an emergency, Milner put in an admirable shift up front. But he's no more a centre forward than he is Komodo Dragon. His movement, touch, decision making was so poor up there that I actually felt sorry for the lad. Of course he got a lot of cheers for the running around though, this is Milner afterall. Took his goal superbly well from a free kick.

So as one last throw of the dice he brings Jovetic on, great, he can go up front and Milner can go in midfield. No, Silva off. Bizarre. Jovetic left wing, even more bizarre.

The last 25 minutes the team didn't know what the fuck they were doing. The ultimate Rag Arse Rovers. It made our calamitous away performance at Ajax look like a study in organised tactical efficiency.

Desperate for a goal to save our season, our tactical genius of a manager is sat on the bench while the season implodes around him. No urging the team on, no demanding focus and quality, no rocket up the arse. Just chilled out befuddlement. After all "a coach does his work in the week, once the game starts, there's very little the coach can do." You can imagine Fergurson, Mourinho, Mancini and Guadiola taking a similar view and sitting calmly on the bench as the season falls apart at home against Hull.

But Pellegrini has "trust" in the players, and that's all you need isn't it? Try telling that to Jovetic.

Shaelumstash said:
Today was kind of the nadir of Pellegrini's limitations as manager.

Playing Fernando in a 442 against a bottom 3 side at home despite him proving time and time again how diabolical he is in that role. Make no mistake, if Yaya was available it would have been a straight swap, one for one. No tactical tweaks, no slight change in shape, nothing, just Fernando out, Yaya in. So that means he's asking Fernando to do what Yaya does. Staggering.

He realised his ridiculous error at half time and put Silva centre mid for the second half and stayed 442. This despite the fact Silva has not played a single game at centre mid in a 442 in his entire career. He kept Nasri on the wing, despite the fact he's played the majority of his career in the middle. Strange.

We played better in the second half, had them on the ropes, looked like scoring, then he brought Dzeko off. Perhaps he was not fit enough to play 90 minutes, so we'll give him a pass on that. But he then brings Milner on. And plays him up front!! Like for like. Lol.

Now when all 3 strikers were out, in an emergency, Milner put in an admirable shift up front. But he's no more a centre forward than he is Komodo Dragon. His movement, touch, decision making was so poor up there that I actually felt sorry for the lad. Of course he got a lot of cheers for the running around though, this is Milner afterall. Took his goal superbly well from a free kick.

So as one last throw of the dice he brings Jovetic on, great, he can go up front and Milner can go in midfield. No, Silva off. Bizarre. Jovetic left wing, even more bizarre.

The last 25 minutes the team didn't know what the fuck they were doing. The ultimate Rag Arse Rovers. It made our calamitous away performance at Ajax look like a study in organised tactical efficiency.

Desperate for a goal to save our season, our tactical genius of a manager is sat on the bench while the season implodes around him. No urging the team on, no demanding focus and quality, no rocket up the arse. Just chilled out befuddlement. After all "a coach does his work in the week, once the game starts, there's very little the coach can do." You can imagine Fergurson, Mourinho, Mancini and Guadiola taking a similar view and sitting calmly on the bench as the season falls apart at home against Hull.

But Pellegrini has "trust" in the players, and that's all you need isn't it? Try telling that to Jovetic.

God knows what he must have said in his interview after then match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.