Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
quiet_riot said:
de niro said:
not making excuses for the players or the manager but i think the referee should do more to keep the game a spectacle. sure teams will come and park the bus but the timewasting is a disgrace. they were at it from the third minute. the ref should card them early doors and ok they still park a bus but it gives us the right amount of time break them down. if then we dont we only have ourselves to blame. that keeper yesterday was terrible, the ref for some reason wasn't even watching. i saw him looking the other way completely. both sets of fans are there to be entertained, at the money they now charge for attending no club anywhere should suffer a bore draw due to keepers oulling every stunt, players rolling about and so on. card a keeper early, or a throw in taker and they will soon buck up. then its up to us.

You have some serious issues regarding referees.
De Niro is our Neil Warnock. Anything less than a win, it's the ref's fault.

Good morning William!

Exeter Blue I am here said:
chris85mcfc said:
Can see a lot more people noticing what a few of us have been saying for a few months

And yet we were hounded out for having those opinions, only on Bluemoon

I think a few people have invested so much praise in Pellegrini that they can no longer see the wood from the trees

Gotta love Bluemoon. Barring the rags and Taggart, and the Arse and Wenger, virtually every manager falters and gets the sack eventually, and sure as eggs is eggs, out come the trumpeting experts - gainfully employed as bank tellers, hairdressers and scaffolders - to tell us they knew it all along, but were mercilessly hounded out of Bluemoon for their beliefs, like Jews from the Pale of Settlement.

Surely you can see the irony in that line

quiet_riot said:
de niro said:
not making excuses for the players or the manager but i think the referee should do more to keep the game a spectacle. sure teams will come and park the bus but the timewasting is a disgrace. they were at it from the third minute. the ref should card them early doors and ok they still park a bus but it gives us the right amount of time break them down. if then we dont we only have ourselves to blame. that keeper yesterday was terrible, the ref for some reason wasn't even watching. i saw him looking the other way completely. both sets of fans are there to be entertained, at the money they now charge for attending no club anywhere should suffer a bore draw due to keepers oulling every stunt, players rolling about and so on. card a keeper early, or a throw in taker and they will soon buck up. then its up to us.

You have some serious issues regarding referees.

they are a big part of the game. as i say this is an entertainment industry. we pay good money we should at least get 90 mins of football. i am not talking about clattencheat, or just games at city, i'm talking the game all over.the referee has na duty to keep the game flowing. if a player is denying the crowd and watching public that then he should be brought to task.

the referee yesterday wasn't poor, just him being hoodwinked by a set of non football pub players.

Manolete ‏@AS_Manolete 1h1 hour ago View translation
Pellegrini como caiga en Champions en Europa hará las maletas y el City llamará a la puerta de Pep o Simeone como alternativas.

Pellegrini as falling into Champions in Europe will pack up and call the City Pep door or Simeone as alternatives.

blueinsa said:
chris85mcfc said:
Can see a lot more people noticing what a few of us have been saying for a few months

And yet we were hounded out for having those opinions, only on Bluemoon

I think a few people have invested so much praise in Pellegrini that they can no longer see the wood from the trees

Hounded out pmsl.

They got fucking banned for being racist twats end of and I have the posts saved to prove it if you want to go there?

Leave it out Chris ffs.

I'm not talking about anyone that has been banned, although you seem hell bent on mentioning them at any opportunity

I'm talking about people who are on this forum, who post week in week out about how poor our performances have been and how Pellegrini doesn't seem to have much of a clue as to what team is best to play the opposition, which is kindergarten stuff for a football manager

And Id tread very carefully about labelling someone a racist on an open forum fella, and no I have no interest in your saved posts

Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:
Mister Appointment said:
To be honest mate, unless Pep suddenly quits as Bayern coach, Pellegrini's going absolutely nowhere this summer. Far too many people aren't really taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture. Yes yesterday was a bad bad day, and yes we've had too many of those this season, but Pellegrini has the respect of the people who back him or sack him. I don't for one moment envisage a scenario where they go "hey lets sack him for finishing 2nd/3rd - it's not good enough". He may well have a "not good enough" season, but he'll get another chance to fix it. Especially as I suspect there'll be an influx of players who can actually change the pace and tempo of a game come the summer.

I would agree with that mate but if this malaise continues and top 4 does become a worry he will get the boot but then it falls on Txiki because as Exeter says, rightly so, we have coaches not managers and they are being given tools to work with rather than being allowed to pick their own and more to the point, they are being told how to do the job.

This is like ground hog day all over again and Bobs final season.

He still got it so wrong yesterday its untrue, the first 45 was horrific given the talent out on that pitch, horrific.

I think fears about the top 4 are utterly unfounded. The players won't have woken up this morning to given up on the title. I won't repeat the same 'we won it from behind before' mantra, but I will say that there's only two teams capable of going on a 13/14 match unbeaten run in this league. Us and Chelsea.

Maybe we won't win the title, but we won't be slipping further down the league table. That's just a irrational reaction to yesterday's poor performance.

I'd be more worried if that type of performance was put in against Chelsea last weekend or against Barca in the upcoming CL fixture. We've always know that this collection of players have that kind of 2nd gear performance in them, especially at home against inferior opposition. The manager has to take a huge share of the responsibility for not eradicating that complacency and lack of urgency but it's not something which makes me think "oh no we're going to finish 3rd/4th".

I'm happy we've got another match coming round quickly. We need a win, then we need Yaya back and Bony in the side so we can stop playing the Balkans.

Unfortunately mate, the pattern of regularly dropping points against so called inferior opposition is there to see and we show no signs of sorting that out right now. Can we? Of course we can and we have shown we can go on unbelievable runs but we have to do that and quick because no amount of optimism on here will do it, the manager and players have to do it out on the pitch.

We have no problems in the big games but winning the big games wont win you the league or guarantee top 4 if you cant dispatch the poor sides, especially at home.

Im 100% behind Pellegrini but he has to get us firing again and fast.

Perhaps we should go back to playing with only one striker (Aguero) or even no strikers at all, like we did during that 2-3 game spell before Xmas, the team seemed to play with greater fluidity without a recognized striker?

I'm no tactical genius or football expert, but even I can see this team functions better when it is allowed to control the midfield and set the tempo from midfield possession dominance, at the moment we're doing neither.

Sorry one more thing to add, we've also lost the ability to play quick one touch football passes from the halfway line and forward, everything seems to be about slow, 2 or 3 touch passing before the ball is released, but by that time, the opposition have had the time to regroup and mark up etc.

BlueDejong said:
Manolete ‏@AS_Manolete 1h1 hour ago View translation
Pellegrini como caiga en Champions en Europa hará las maletas y el City llamará a la puerta de Pep o Simeone como alternativas.

Pellegrini as falling into Champions in Europe will pack up and call the City Pep door or Simeone as alternatives.

I had the Madrid derby on in the background while I watched our game. I've consistently said that Simeone isn't ever going to get the City job because of his volatile character, but I'm beginning to change my mind. I suspect if we're going to be bringing in five/six new players, young ones especially, then you'd be a fool to totally rule Diego out as a potential replacement for Pellegrini. But again, he isn't going to up sticks and leave Madrid this summer while they're flying high.

perhaps there is simply not enough adaptation in play; we are doing much the same as last season which won us the league then but is backfiring now. but i dont see much change. that's the bit that most concerns me.

The fact that we can not beat the teams that park the bus (that includes Arsenal) at the Etihad on a regular basis means we are not implementing the correct tactics. This is a fault of the manager and his team of coaches.
We are not evolving or learning from our mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.