Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MC ID said:
manimanc said:
McfcMK said:
Simeone would be a dream. Imagine the corners.
Utter bullshit...
I got the translation as " Bluemoon goes into meltdown as spoilt bastard fans get knickers in a twist about drawing a football match.."
And I hope pellers walks and posters get their wish and the next geezer in the hot seat falls flat on his fuckin arse...
Careful what you wish for you Pellegrini haters.

Bit weird to wish for our next manager, therefore us as a club to fail.

TBF there's been people wishing failure upon Pellegrini since three months before he was even appointed.

MC ID said:
manimanc said:
McfcMK said:
Utter bullshit...
I got the translation as " Bluemoon goes into meltdown as spoilt bastard fans get knickers in a twist about drawing a football match.."
And I hope pellers walks and posters get their wish and the next geezer in the hot seat falls flat on his fuckin arse...

"Bit"? Very weird.

manimanc said:
We've lost twice in the last 20 games...
I prefer to have a glass half full....
Hughes lost two games in twenty and got the sack.

baildon blue said:
KippaxCitizen said:
We've struggled for a fair amount of time, including part of our unbeaten run. We finally get something going and look like we might turn a corner at Chelsea and he changes the fucking team including dropping two of our better performers in that Chelsea game. That's unbelivably
If Barça need a goal they never take Iniesta off. Just like we should never take Silva off (especially when we have no Yaya and Nasri is unfit) when we need a goal(s). Later in the game when defenders are tired Silva can spot on lapse in concentration and could easily set up a goalscoring chance.

Remember "Fortress Etihad"? Well we've won two of our last six home games. We've lost seven games at home in twelve months. We've dropped 12 points at home this season and we're only in February. We've scored one goal (a set piece) in 4.5 hours of football at home. We've scored just two goals from open play in the first half at home this season. We've been knocked out of three cup competitions at home in the last year, all three against teams we'd well expect to beat (not like it was Chelsea). This is the worst we've been at home since Pearce.
Mark Hughes home form wasn't brilliant either. .
We didn't lose a single home game in the first half of the season in the run up to his sacking. We've lost five home games this season.

MC ID said:
manimanc said:
McfcMK said:
Utter bullshit...

No not at all flower, we have a new breed of fan that are spoilt little brats, only used to success, impatient, want everything in a heartbeat and yesterday, not prepared to go through tough times, toys out the pram when we don't win..
And don't give me the bullshit of we've spent money and should be battering teams left right and centre, it's football, nothing is for granted..
I'm saying that the same fans who want pellers out will want pep or simeone out if we don't win in 5 games.

Didsbury Dave said:
wireblue said:
He keeps saying we need to "return to our normal performance".
Against Chelsea we get back to our normal level of performance then the next game he drops two outstanding performers (navas and milner) and changes formation.
Absolutely staggering.
yesterday should have been the same team that played at Chelsea no questions asked.

Bizarre that people keep saying this.

We've been missing Nasri's tight passing like made, and yesterday was a 442 team set up to utilise both silva and Nasri as playmakers. He was always coming back into the team when available because his and yaya's absense together have meant that we haven't had enough creative: navas has been hitting the front man with every cross and silva has been getting marked out of games.

The problem with the first half yesterday was not tactics. It was intensity and creativity. They were all taking the safe option instead of gambling. And, following a performance like Chelsea, where we didn't let them get out of heir own half by aggressively pressing and harrying, it was shocking to see how we strolled around and waited for everyone else to do the dirty work.

The problem with the SECOND half was tactics. We went to a diamond midfield and the whole area around the hole got crowded. Nasri was dead on his feet and kept playing it safe. Jovetic didn't know where the hell he was meant to be because we effectively had 3/4 'hole' players all trying to play in the same area.

You could see that the pressure is building on Pellegrini in that second half. He was trying to be bold and decisive and in reality he was panicking. Too many subs, too many shape changes, too much uncertainly on the field. He should have decisively changed thing at half time with the introduction of navas and lampard, for Nasri and Fernando. Then he should have left it to work. Maybe jovetic for one of the strikers a bit later.

He needs to steady the ship for the second time this season, but he's running out of options as we could be out of all competitions if we don't put it right soon. I'd be surprised if he was sacked in the summer but if we fall away now he might well be.

I still think he has it in him but if he goes he goes. No big deal as long as we get a quality replacement and don't take a punt on Vieira or someone. Guardiola would be just the ticket.

It isn't bizarre at all.
For the first time in weeks at chelsea we returned to our "normal performance" which pellegrini has been saying he's been striving for.
I'm a nasri fan but I'm sorry there was no other decision to make yesterday than to play the same team as chelsea. If pellegrini wants some consistency then you don't completely change the team and formation the game after you finally put in a top team performance.
There is simply nothing bizarre about that - it's basics.
Nasri and dzeko start on the bench and milner and navas both keep their place. It was absolute nonsense for navas and milner to lose their places yesterday.

Mister Appointment said:
hgblue said:
Get Simeone in and bring in some younger hungrier players, and we go again next season.

Why would Simeone leave Madrid this summer when he's seemingly building a better team than the one which won the title last season?

Personally I think it's a pipe dream that he's going to become available this summer. Those posters who think we should replace Pellegrini this summer will have a very small list of potential replacements. Klopp's the only one who I think could be gotten. Don't think Pep will leave. Don't think Carlo will leave. Don't see anyone else in world football who's going to get Pellegrini ousted this summer when he's only got 12 months left on his contract and he had such a successful season last season.

Hasn't Simeone already intimated that he'll be leaving Madrid in the summer and is taking English lessons? Or have I pipe dreamt that. I'd urge every blue who doubts whether this man is the real deal to watch that performance yesterday, and compare and contrast with our pathetic offering. To beat Barcelona and Madrid to the title once is an immense achievement, but if he does it again this would really mark him out as something special, especially after having his star striker sold in the summer. He's destined for the very top, he's the right age, and we'd live to regret it if we sit back and watch him join a rival club.

i fear there is a staleness there. if the players lose confidence in the project they could be off. might need a new guy just to lift the place.

hgblue said:
Mister Appointment said:
hgblue said:
Get Simeone in and bring in some younger hungrier players, and we go again next season.

Why would Simeone leave Madrid this summer when he's seemingly building a better team than the one which won the title last season?

Personally I think it's a pipe dream that he's going to become available this summer. Those posters who think we should replace Pellegrini this summer will have a very small list of potential replacements. Klopp's the only one who I think could be gotten. Don't think Pep will leave. Don't think Carlo will leave. Don't see anyone else in world football who's going to get Pellegrini ousted this summer when he's only got 12 months left on his contract and he had such a successful season last season.

Hasn't Simeone already intimated that he'll be leaving Madrid in the summer and is taking English lessons? Or have I pipe dreamt that. I'd urge every blue who doubts whether this man is the real deal to watch that performance yesterday, and compare and contrast with our pathetic offering. To beat Barcelona and Madrid to the title once is an immense achievement, but if he does it again this would really mark him out as something special, especially after having his star striker sold in the summer. He's destined for the very top, he's the right age, and we'd live to regret it if we sit back and watch him join a rival club.

We'd soon drag him down to our level blue ;)

de niro said:
i fear there is a staleness there. if the players lose confidence in the project they could be off. might need a new guy just to lift the place.

This is where someone like Pep could make the difference where Mancini and Pellegrini have failed. Big personalities like Hart, Kompany, Yaya - Maybe they thought they knew better than Mancini and maybe they think they know better than Pellegrini. If there was even a whimper they thought they knew better than Guardiola I'd be packing their cases before they made it back in for training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.