Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
i fear there is a staleness there. if the players lose confidence in the project they could be off. might need a new guy just to lift the place.
Pellergrini only been in Manchester 18 months .
So nothing should be stale .
To me the likes of ,Kompany , Hart ,
Navas , Kolarov , and even Zabaleta .
Have under performed .
And that group have no excuses .
I exempt Dzeko on injury .
But yesterday he didn't do a lot Dzeko on right wing .

The team this season reminds me of Mancini's in his final season they knew he was going and lost motivation / interest. They of course shouldn't and need a rocket, no ideas no invention no plan b, the blame for the shoddy performances this season lies with both the players and pellegrini cant really think of many performances thus season where I've thought they played at the level this team is capable of.

adrianr said:
de niro said:
i fear there is a staleness there. if the players lose confidence in the project they could be off. might need a new guy just to lift the place.

This is where someone like Pep could make the difference where Mancini and Pellegrini have failed. Big personalities like Hart, Kompany, Yaya - Maybe they thought they knew better than Mancini and maybe they think they know better than Pellegrini. If there was even a whimper they thought they knew better than Guardiola I'd be packing their cases before they made it back in for training.

I would argue Pep would already be able to correctly tell you who is not up to his standards.

I don't think it matters what we think about Pelle....if we end up finishing 2nd or even 3rd in the league and after getting knocked out of all the Cups...only winning the CL will save his job.....our owners don't see any room for emotion....they want results! Last time we won the league we had a poor season afterwards and the same is happening this time....the only thing I will say in defense of Pelle is that we had a different manager last time and the only thing the same is the players....so maybe is it the players that need to take a lot of the blame and be accountable for their poor play...the results the past month have confirmed to me that we need new blood in the team...whether that includes a new manager, I'll leave that upto the City board...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
adrianr said:
de niro said:

This is where someone like Pep could make the difference where Mancini and Pellegrini have failed. Big personalities like Hart, Kompany, Yaya - Maybe they thought they knew better than Mancini and maybe they think they know better than Pellegrini. If there was even a whimper they thought they knew better than Guardiola I'd be packing their cases before they made it back in for training.

I would argue Pep would already be able to correctly tell you who is not up to his standards.

No doubt, but his first act of business isn't going to be shipping out Hart and Kompany, unless they gave him (and Txiki) a very good reason too. Or unless Txiki is already sure they're part of the problem. My point is someone like Pep could have the gravitas required to erase any doubts that may be currently plaguing our players. If they still had doubts after that, well, this just isn't the place for them.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
adrianr said:
de niro said:

Hopefully Txiki is taking note and working on replacements.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
adrianr said:

Hopefully Txiki is taking note and working on replacements.

I read somewhere that Txiki and Pep speak on the phone once or twice a week.

For me there is little wrong with the personnel. Tempo and style of play is the problem.

Bodgers/Koeman with half the resources and lesser personnel have sides playing high tempo pressing games.

Home form is costing us the title its clear. Two times we won it we had very great home record getting around 95% of home points.

This season we have so far similar away record to Chelsea, only difference they win 10 at home and the draw against us.
We have only 7-3-2 home record given we played draws Chelsea, Hull, Burnley, and lost to Stoke+Arsenal. If we do the job of ripping apart Hull,Burnley, Stoke but still lose to Arsenal and draw Chelsea now we would have 7 points more, so exactly on level with Chelsea...

Awful results against Hull, Burnley, Stoke would put us pressure to really outperform Chelsea in away record. Which is hard as they are fairly good away from home. We really need to turn draws/losses into wins even at places like Stoke and Anfield. If not its gonna be us finishing on 80-82 points thats it or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.