Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Too much tinkering again for my liking.

Tactically spot on last week, tactically woeful yesterday.

4-4-2 can only ever work when the right personnel are deployed.

My concern is that Pellegrini either thought we needed to set up with two defensive midfielders at home against Hull, or he overestimates the ability of both Ferns to provide what is required.

To play a half fit Dzeko, having dropped Navas, with no outlet to cross, was naievety in the extreme, as is the inability to change the obvious shortcomings during the actual in-match play.

The manager is making the mistake of trying to take everybody with him, when some players are never going to be more than passengers.

It's laboured, it's predicatable, and for the first time, the players also look lost.

I can never before recall Silva and Aguero arguing between themselves in the first half.

The frustration is getting the better of them and my overriding concern is the increasing stench from the manager and the club in putting all our eggs in the Champions League basket?

No doubt, progression in that competition is a huge thing, but the margins for success are so much thinner than going for a league title.

The frustration is getting the better of them and my overriding concern is the increasing stench from the manager and the club in putting all our eggs in the Champions League basket?

Been saying that since Xmas. It's blatant as fuck.

A very, very dangerous and arrogant game to play.

Stoned Rose said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Too much tinkering again for my liking.

Tactically spot on last week, tactically woeful yesterday.

4-4-2 can only ever work when the right personnel are deployed.

My concern is that Pellegrini either thought we needed to set up with two defensive midfielders at home against Hull, or he overestimates the ability of both Ferns to provide what is required.

To play a half fit Dzeko, having dropped Navas, with no outlet to cross, was naievety in the extreme, as is the inability to change the obvious shortcomings during the actual in-match play.

The manager is making the mistake of trying to take everybody with him, when some players are never going to be more than passengers.

It's laboured, it's predicatable, and for the first time, the players also look lost.

I can never before recall Silva and Aguero arguing between themselves in the first half.

No doubt, progression in that competition is a huge thing, but the margins for success are so much thinner than going for a league title.

i think the same but why would he then risk aguero v everton just before the roma game?

He's a gonner in the summer no doubt about it! Milner, navas, sagna had great games last week and there reward was to be dropped! For 2 players half fit and 1 badly out of form!

I don't think he is a gonna yet but we want to see this holistic stuff come together and sharpish now.
With that i mean the strength in depth needs to show this second half of the season and really show.

If not you have to say as nice on the taste buds as it sounds the shits you get the next day is not worth it!

If Pellegrini is to be sacked in the summer then I would also flog Kompany, Hart and any other shit house who has a big influence at the club.

We fucked up last time by backing the players over Mancini and it looks like they are following suit again.

If Pellers loses his job then I sincerly hope that the players who have badly let down two successive managers also get the chop.

Time and time again he just plays one way and has no alternative. I don't get why we've gone from last season's quick, one touch football to slow, 9 or 10 touches possession game while trying to force it down the middle of a 9 man defensive box. It's like we've lost our width and are becoming a one way team, far too predictable and a reason why we've been so shit at home this year.

I can see why Milner would ponder quitting, he doesn't even get time at central midfield when Yaya is away, rather using Fernando when we're at home to Hull.

I just think Pellegrini isn't in the elite category of mangers who are tactically brilliant and can tweak things (Hate to say it but Mourinho, Ancelotti, Simeone, Pep) to get it done in different ways when needed.

J_Bow said:
Time and time again he just plays one way and has no alternative. I don't get why we've gone from last season's quick, one touch football to slow, 9 or 10 touches possession game while trying to force it down the middle of a 9 man defensive box. It's like we've lost our width and are becoming a one way team, far too predictable and a reason why we've been so shit at home this year.

I can see why Milner would ponder quitting, he doesn't even get time at central midfield when Yaya is away, rather using Fernando when we're at home to Hull.

I just think Pellegrini isn't in the elite category of mangers who are tactically brilliant and can tweak things (Hate to say it but Mourinho, Ancelotti, Simeone, Pep) to get it done in different ways when needed.

Would that be the Ancelotti who lost 0-4 yesterday with Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale and Isco in his team.

His tactics fall apart when we go 0-1 down as teams sit back. Haven't got the quality at the moment to break teams down and the opposition frustrate us and we let them!

pardoeofftomexico said:
J_Bow said:

Would that be the Ancelotti who lost 0-4 yesterday with Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale and Isco in his team.
tbf atletico are one hell of a team

Stoned Rose said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It was hard to spot this policy in the early group stage games when we seemed intent on going out of the CL asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.