Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
flb said:
Ray78 said:
flb said:
And in the 2012-13 season we had those jettisoned donkeys Richards and Lescott in the team

Hes great at coaching goalkeepers and defenders is Manuel.

Who can forget the two goals we conceded against QPR. Going back on topic it is down to the players to take responsibility. Manuel does have a good defensive organisation otherwise he would of not succeeded in his jobs at Villareal, Malaga or too a lesser extent at Real Madrid he didn't win any trophies but he did finish 3 points and 7 goals behind a Barcelona side in their prime[/quot

If you have a manager with a history of conceding plenty of goals then there will be more lean years than good.

Even championship teams roll up and put two past us for fucks sake.

Hes good at attacking and Shit at defending , you can't really argue with that.

We didn't look like defending champions in 2012-13 and we don't look like defending champions now.

Ray78 said:
flb said:

Who can forget the two goals we conceded against QPR. Going back on topic it is down to the players to take responsibility. Manuel does have a good defensive organisation otherwise he would of not succeeded in his jobs at Villareal, Malaga or too a lesser extent at Real Madrid he didn't win any trophies but he did finish 3 points and 7 goals behind a Barcelona side in their prime[/quot

If you have a manager with a history of conceding plenty of goals then there will be more lean years than good.

We didn't look like defending champions in 2012-13 and we don't look like defending champions now.

It's well documented that the players had had enough of Mancini- despite that we still had the best defence

What's loveable Manuels excuse?

flb said:
Ray78 said:
flb said:

It's well documented that the players had had enough of Mancini- despite that we still had the best defence

He is having the same problems in keeping the squad fully motivated but it is down to the players to take some responsibility.

Ray78 said:
flb said:
Ray78 said:

He is having the same problems in keeping the squad fully motivated but it is down to the players to take some responsibility.

Let's just hope Wilf and Yaya hit the ground running mate and we learn how to defend .

BlueTG said:
de niro said:
BlueTG said:
I have no idea where you are coming from with that comment, but that clearly worked out well for Bob didn't it?

Yeh,what it is is I'm quite vocal and if I see something isn't working I sort it. I went to fans forum and give bobby the benefit of my experience of the premier league.he'd been having a shocker. Once he'd took on board my tips he went on and won the title. I'll have a word with pellers when I can. He needs to shape himself.
I hope you hung your Premier League winners medal proudly on your fireplace.
He did once he'd got it out of his arse, where Bobby stuck it.

flb said:
Ray78 said:
flb said:

Let's just hope Wilf and Yaya hit the ground running mate and we learn how to defend .

Whilst we will see wilf score goals his defensive contribution cannot be underestimated. He'll help tremendously defending a set piece.

Just seen him on Ssn and he was saying about Bony coming back saying he couldn't play anyway cos there is still some paperwork to sort out,wtf we signed him 4/5 weeks ago and the paperwork hasn't been finalised whats that all about

bluemoon27 said:
Just seen him on Ssn and he was saying about Bony coming back saying he couldn't play anyway cos there is still some paperwork to sort out,wtf we signed him 4/5 weeks ago and the paperwork hasn't been finalised whats that all about

I don't know the issues but if we could getaway with not paying Bony's wages for a few weeks during the ACON then why not. Neither Wilf or King Yaya would be any shape to play Stoke.

flb said:

Not wishing to get in the middle of your little rant, but coaches who can't coach a team to defend properly don't win the PL, don't take unfancied sides like Villarreal and Malaga to the CL semi finals and have them punching far far above their weight in their domestic league.

I'm not saying we've defended well this season, just pointing out the silliness in trying to argue that someone with Pellegrini's record and pedigree can't actually set a team up to defend properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.