Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
pudge said:
Mister Appointment said:
People can wave as many white flags as they want. I could care less. I was merely pointing out that we seem to have an awful lot of white flag wavers. If you want to equate that to the team and management you go right ahead. But since they managed to turn around bigger deficits in both their previous title wins I'm not quite at the station marked white flag.
Equate what to the team and management? People getting pissed off?

You do realize people are pissed off with the team's performances and the manager's decisions so of course they're heavily related.

And the "awful lot of white flag wavers" is more than likely proportional to the amount of times we have been way below standard this season; the aforementioned games speak for themselves.

You said today and the thread was similar to Sunderland last year and what happened at the end of the season. Well, responses like that are eerily similar to those in response to losing against Arsenal, dropping a 2 goal lead at home to Burnley, dropping 2 points at Everton, getting beaten by bloody Stoke at home as they're written off as "one of those days". Been an accumulative "one of the weeks" by now.

Akin to how United were due an injury or two or of getting found out in 2013, how Chelsea have been due mass injuries since the beginning of the season. How people are adamant to believe something is going to happen so much that they lose sight of reality.

Also, it's "couldn't care less" If you could care less then you give at least a tiny fuck.

That's all very nice Pudge. Happy ranting mate. I hope you feel better at the end of it. Seems pretty clear you want a row with me but you aren't getting one because frankly, I could care less. ;)
I expanded on the initial post numerous times, one you alone seemed incapable of grasping, opening it up for discussion; that you wished for.

Yet now you're fucking off with your tail between your legs and your nose in the air.

Fair enough.

proy said:
flb said:
BobKowalski said:
I would say that the buying is more down to Txiki who has done OK. Admittedly Mangala at £32m (or £42m) is a bit of a concern since he can't get into the first team at the moment but I don't have a problem with Txiki with £100m in his pocket.

You should be adding Jovetic and Fernando to that list of questionable signings.

Who the fuck gave Edin and the pantomime villain Kolorov tasty new contracts needs dragging over the hot coals aswell fella.

Nah. I'd go with jovetic and fern but dzeko and kola getting new contracts, no chance. Absolutely the right call.

When we are playing well they are big players for us.

Edins goals alone. Fuck me. I don't rate him much in terms of fitting in our system but fuck me has that lad has scored some crucial goals.

But also, if we sell them it means we get a decent fee - isnt that pat of the strategy too?

mancity1 said:
pudge said:
Mister Appointment said:
No, nothing like those games you listed because those games were all very different. Like I said if you'd actually watched them with your eyes open and were actually prepared to analyse them properly rather than making some facile generalisation with your eyes closed we would be closer to some sort of interesting discussion.
As in everyone dismissed the team for being shite, questioned everything and everyone after each of them; getting knocked out of 2 domestic competitions by inferior teams at home and throwing away leads and generally not playing well.

Just like you said people were ready to give up on the team after Sunderland last season and many did the same countless times as aforementioned this season?

The point being it's been happening all too often this season and people have genuine reason to wish to wave that little white flag they have.

Open your eyes and read the post in it's most obvious form instead of seeing something that isn't there.

Does "Poor Pellegrini" get your sympathy?

He is paid and keeps his job based on results , right now he is failing irrespective of how we play , what formation we use etc.

He knows it and has 14 games to convince the owners he is worth a third year.

5 sides in effect are closing in on us and all of them have made significant ground on us over the past 6 games where we have dropped 11 points.

At present we are performing the poorest of those 6 teams.

MP has to ensure we keep ahead of at least 4 of them but even if he does I really would be surprised to see him in charge next season.

At this stage it doesn't look like we will manage that.

Just far too many poor performances all season and the football we keep hearing we have to play isn't happening either unless it includes comical defending, inability to take a corner or cross the ball with speed and accuracy , slow build up play and an inability to make possession count.
Exactly, and they can't keep being brushed off as "one of those days" or people citing the past as means to determine the future.

chesterbells said:
proy said:
flb said:
You should be adding Jovetic and Fernando to that list of questionable signings.

Who the fuck gave Edin and the pantomime villain Kolorov tasty new contracts needs dragging over the hot coals aswell fella.

Nah. I'd go with jovetic and fern but dzeko and kola getting new contracts, no chance. Absolutely the right call.

When we are playing well they are big players for us.

Edins goals alone. Fuck me. I don't rate him much in terms of fitting in our system but fuck me has that lad has scored some crucial goals.

But also, if we sell them it means we get a decent fee - isnt that pat of the strategy too?

Of course it is.

But you have to replace them. Our dealings over the last 6 transfer windows have been comical.

For me, they are tried, tested and trusted so you hang onto to your better assets unless you have a fair degree of certainty that you can replace them with something better. Our recent history suggests otherwise.

proy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's alright to say that you have to look at each game differently but we've now not won in 5 games. The last time we did that was in 2008/9 under Hughes. The worst that even a no-hoper like Pearce managed was a 6-game run without a win.

There are a lot of stats that are building up against him now. Like I've said in my previous 2 posts I think he is managing in a structure where his say isn't as much as some managers. I think that is what is tkixi and ferran have created so its there own beast to tame. I think it could buy Manuel a bit of time, but if he doesn't start turning this around I reckon he's gone in the summer. Possibly even sooner if top 4 becomes an issue because that is fucking crucial for FFP

I liked your previous post too - you speak some sense in a sea of reactionary shit. Personally I don't think top 4 is an issue (I don't think the title race is over by a long stretch). I do think we're stuck between stations though. We have a team built by two managers essentially being utilised by a third manager to play a style of football which maybe they're not all suited to.

IMO we'll see a big overhaul of players this summer but unless things get markedly worse OR Pep suddenly quits as Bayern coach, Pellegrini will see out his final 12 months. And rightly so IMO, we can't have a situation where the club is known to operate a "win the title or you're sacked" policy.

corners, Pellegrini should be work on these in training, we have had too many without even looking like scoring can't see Pep letting this happened

flb said:
Mister Appointment said:
This thread and today on the whole has an eery resemblance to Sunderland at home last season. It was shite, poor, not good enough, etc. Pellegrini made so many mistakes today I don't know where to begin. But shit happens. We didn't lose which is a blessing for no other reason than I said a week ago we wouldn't lose another match this season :(

It keeps coming round but I think this squad has had it's 'cycle' and i'd be happy to rip up large parts of it and start again with a new generation of players, even if it means being less 'dominant' for the next two or three years. Maybe we need to take one step back to take two forward.

And you would seriously let Pellegrini loose with £100 million in his pocket? That's brave fella.

But we dont let any manager loose with £100 million do we?

Thats not how the club is run. Pellegrini is a coach. The next man will be a coach and so on........

blueinsa said:
flb said:
Mister Appointment said:
This thread and today on the whole has an eery resemblance to Sunderland at home last season. It was shite, poor, not good enough, etc. Pellegrini made so many mistakes today I don't know where to begin. But shit happens. We didn't lose which is a blessing for no other reason than I said a week ago we wouldn't lose another match this season :(

It keeps coming round but I think this squad has had it's 'cycle' and i'd be happy to rip up large parts of it and start again with a new generation of players, even if it means being less 'dominant' for the next two or three years. Maybe we need to take one step back to take two forward.

And you would seriously let Pellegrini loose with £100 million in his pocket? That's brave fella.

But we dont let any manager loose with £100 million do we?

Thats not how the club is run. Pellegrini is a coach. The next man will be a coach and so on........

Possibly, but if a coach of the stature or Guardiola came in, I cant imagine his views would be ignored

Mister Appointment said:
proy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's alright to say that you have to look at each game differently but we've now not won in 5 games. The last time we did that was in 2008/9 under Hughes. The worst that even a no-hoper like Pearce managed was a 6-game run without a win.

There are a lot of stats that are building up against him now. Like I've said in my previous 2 posts I think he is managing in a structure where his say isn't as much as some managers. I think that is what is tkixi and ferran have created so its there own beast to tame. I think it could buy Manuel a bit of time, but if he doesn't start turning this around I reckon he's gone in the summer. Possibly even sooner if top 4 becomes an issue because that is fucking crucial for FFP

I liked your previous post too - you speak some sense in a sea of reactionary shit. Personally I don't think top 4 is an issue (I don't think the title race is over by a long stretch). I do think we're stuck between stations though. We have a team built by two managers essentially being utilised by a third manager to play a style of football which maybe they're not all suited to.

IMO we'll see a big overhaul of players this summer but unless things get markedly worse OR Pep suddenly quits as Bayern coach, Pellegrini will see out his final 12 months. And rightly so IMO, we can't have a situation where the club is known to operate a "win the title or you're sacked" policy.

We are trending poorly. I think if I have learned one thing about this current management
structure, it's that they won't panic. But they will also consider every stat. I'm talking about how we have suddenly stopped scoring goals and started to concede them, how we look devoid of ideas. How a team that was so invincible on its own turf, has become so vulnerable.

Those are stats that I can't argue with, and I'm fully behind the direction this club is taking. Its not currently a disaster, quite the contrary. We are still very much in a title race.

Tkixi and ferran will analyse every detail. They will see that we are trending badly and that will cause some concern. But they will not overreact. I think there is a belief in what we do.

I agree that we are caught between two stations. This is a big, defining period. We haven't shown this kind of form for a number of years. How we react in the summer could shape us for the foreseeable future.

The decision to sack Hughes was taken after a run of poor results that included draws at home to Hull and Burnley but it wasn't the results on their own that finished him. It was his response when asked how he was going to turn things round, which was apparently along the lines of "Nothing much different. We've been a bit unlucky and are due some luck." I'm sure hte same question will be asked of Pellegrini after this weekend's result and a lot could depend on his answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.