Manuel Pellegrini refuses handshake after wild Jose

gordondaviesmoustache said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's just sportsmanship, he represents our club and therefore should represent it in a professional way at all times
Name me a modern, successful manager, other than Klopp, who's manged that in the last decade,

Well Pelle's an old fart so I don't see the point of your question.

Can't remember any stories about Laudrup or somebody like that.<br /><br />-- Oct 28th, '13, 23:33 --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Name me a modern, successful manager, other than Klopp, who's manged that in the last decade,

Oh, Klopp has his dark side too (despite being a nice guy)... got in trouble for this recently.

original.gif
We've all got a dark side.

Even you, LC ;-)

and Tim Minchin.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's just sportsmanship, he represents our club and therefore should represent it in a professional way at all times

Can't remember any stories about Laudrup or somebody like that.

It wasn't a question, it was a request, which you've conspicuously failed to properly answer,

JoeMercer'sWay said:

It wasn't a question, it was a request, which you've conspicuously failed to properly answer,

well because I don't have access to every manager's every handshake.

You knew full well it was an absurd request and has no bearing or relevance on my point of view.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

You knew full well it was an absurd request and has no bearing or relevance on my point of view.
To say it has no bearing or relevance is intellectually dishonest.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

To say it has no bearing or relevance is intellectaully dishonest.

it isn't at all. I've stated that Pellegrini as the manager of our football club should present as professional and clean an image as possible and therefore he should show the utmost sportmanship and respect and shake hands as expected, regardless of his personal grudges with the other individual.

You've then decided you want an example of a manager in a completely different age group who doesn't manage us who has never not shaken hands with somebody, despite knowing full well that information is not available as no information has been published on the number of handshakes each manager has failed to do up to the last round of fixtures.

So for you to say your point was relevant is "intellectually dishonest".

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

it isn't at all. I've stated that Pellegrini as the manager of our football club should present as professional and clean an image as possible and therefore he should show the utmost sportmanship and respect and shake hands as expected, regardless of his personal grudges with the other individual.

You've then decided you want an example of a manager in a completely different age group who doesn't manage us who has never not shaken hands with somebody, despite knowing full well that information is not available as no information has been published on the number of handshakes each manager has failed to do up to the last round of fixtures.

So our manger should exist in some existential bubble, away from the rest of humanity?

JoeMercer'sWay said:

So our manger should exist in some existential bubble, away from the rest of humanity?

no, he should represent the club with the utmost professionalism.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

no, he should represent the club with the utmost professionalism.

Do you think he should have gone up into the stands with mourinho to shake his hand? Or do you think he should have patiently waited until mourinho was good and ready to come down out of the stand and offer his hand?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.