Manuel Pellegrini refuses handshake after wild Jose

gordondaviesmoustache said:
stonerblue said:
eversince 76 said:
Right not to shake hands wiht Mourinho? After his way of celebrating the winner, yes. Mourinho has as much class as the coat he was wearing yesterday.

Right not to blame a player in public (or, according to Daily Mail, 'failed to back' a player)? Yes, teammatters are to be discussed indoors.

Right with the set-up vs Chelsea yesterday? That's 3 times 'yes', because a draw would have been the right result if it wasn't for an unmanagable mistake between two players.

Post of the day so far, although that's not saying much this morning..
Yeah sorry about that, I was tied up until this afternoon.
Miss Whiplash?

Poor from Jose and if I'm honest poor from Pellers.
Jose is a grade A T*** but we should have stayed dignified. Come May we will be laughing and Jose will be crying.
What goes around comes around.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Poor from Jose and if I'm honest poor from Pellers.
Jose is a grade A T*** but we should have stayed dignified. Come May we will be laughing and Jose will be crying.
What goes around comes around.

I don't believe it was poor from Pellegrini at all, he was simply showing he has principles and it was mourinho who was doing all the apologising and groveling after the game.

I don't care whether he shakes Mourinho's hand or not. The only thing that matters is that we destroy them when we play them at our place. We could also do with annihilating Norwich just to get that defeat out of our system. (I know we've got Newcastle next but the league cup is a completely different proposition).

Pellergrini should have shook the "happy one" warmly by the throat , our manager has a bit of class and diginity , could you see pellegrini acting like a spoilt kid if we scored in the last minute to beat chelski at the etihad ? Let jose enjoy his day , he knows in reality his team got a football lesson , and the only team that will beat city , is ourselves , hopefully the gun that shoots us in the foot , has now used all its ammunition.

I've always believed in shaking hands as being the foundation stone that signifies the end of a sporting contest. Something symbolic that states that the game matters, but after all, it's only a game. This, however, cannot be an immutable rule.

If Mourinho had said the disrespectful things about me that he had previously said about Pellegrini and then displayed the same degree of disregard for the rules of sporting etiquette by invading my territory in such a truculent fashion, as he did in Sunday, then I would have rather died than shake his hand immediately afterwards, and furthermore I would have said to anyone who thought that displayed a lack of "class" that, quite frankly, they can go fuck themselves.

Pellegrini is in no way diminished for not shaking Mourinho's hand. Which person in their right mind would shake hands with anyone who behaved like Mourinho did yesterday and in their La Liga days when Mourinho made several quintessentially snide remarks about Pellers?

A handshake is a sign of mutual respect. Mourinho has shown little respect to Pellegrini, and has shown little respect to others eg his eye gouging behaviour etc etc. He is a horrible little man, and there is little to respect in him. So there is no point of going through the ritual of a handshake with him.

I commend Pellers for NOT shaking Mourinho's hand.

Contrast Mourinho' s behaviour with how Ancelotto, Pep, Benitez or Klopp behave. Even Wenger deserves respect despite his hypocrisy and selective vision. Pellers and Pep show respect for each other and always did when at Barca and RMadrid. Compare and contrast....

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I've always believed in shaking hands as being the foundation stone that signifies the end of a sporting contest. Something symbolic that states that the game matters, but after all, it's only a game. This, however, cannot be an immutable rule.

If Mourinho had said the disrespectful things about me that he had previously said about Pellegrini and then displayed the same degree of disregard for the rules of sporting etiquette by invading my territory in such a truculent fashion, as he did in Sunday, then I would have rather died than shake his hand immediately afterwards, and furthermore I would have said to anyone who thought that displayed a lack of "class" that, quite frankly, they can go fuck themselves.
Spot on as always gdm.

feel im getting a ton of stick for my comment about feeling disconnected to Manuel compared to Bobby but I'll back myself up by saying that the rumours persist of pellegrini not speaking to the website, not letting citytv have access to training and refusing to do post match interviews with the website. compare that to bobby who spoke every game, wore a platt mask in a press conference and did a twitter qna with the fans and you can see why i don't care for manuel as a person compared to bobby. bobby put himself about and never shirked the media. I'm never going to meet manuel so the media is the only way ill get to know him. his press conferences bore me to tears and i have no idea what he's like because we never see him on the OS.

does it matter? probably not. but as always on bluemoon you're killed by the keyboard warriors for offering up an opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.