Manuel Pellegrini refuses handshake after wild Jose

Barcon said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
So our manger should exist in some existential bubble, away from the rest of humanity?

no, he should represent the club with the utmost professionalism.

Do you think he should have gone up into the stands with mourinho to shake his hand? Or do you think he should have patiently waited until mourinho was good and ready to come down out of the stand and offer his hand?

Should have waited, or like Mancini in the derby gone over to their dugout area and waited for him to come down to make the point, shook his hand and then walked off. There's nothing to really gain by him walking straight off, as really all the players (and to be honest he as well) should be off to the away end to thank the supporters for travelling, paying their hard earned money and supporting the side. What happens in the dressing room can wait as there's plenty of time to sort that stuff out after the pleasantries.

This really is being blown out of all proportion. I think he should have shook his hand, simple as, just my view, he didn't. Oh well, we move on.

Re: Manuel Pellegrini refuses handsshake after wild Jose

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Train said:
No one would want to shake hands with that **** the way he celebrated, but shaking hands isn't an admission of liking the guy or accepting his wild antics, its just respect for the game and most of all being able to keep your dignity no matter how much you disagree with the clown.

Pelligrini shouldn't have lowered himself down to Mourinho's level.

^^^^
Very much this.
I can't abide Maureen - he is a classless, petulant tosser, but you show you are better than him by not descending to his level and by shaking his hand.
I honestly thought Pellegrini was above such infantile behaviour.

FFS. Get a grip. It's an emotional situation. I personally was effing and blinding at the end of the game; not me at all I was told by my mates. It's called passion. I'm happy to see he is showing it. Didn't we love love Mancini mixing it up with Bacon face. We can't always be robots!

Re: Manuel Pellegrini refuses handsshake after wild Jose

BlueSiam said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Train said:
No one would want to shake hands with that **** the way he celebrated, but shaking hands isn't an admission of liking the guy or accepting his wild antics, its just respect for the game and most of all being able to keep your dignity no matter how much you disagree with the clown.

Pelligrini shouldn't have lowered himself down to Mourinho's level.

^^^^
Very much this.
I can't abide Maureen - he is a classless, petulant tosser, but you show you are better than him by not descending to his level and by shaking his hand.
I honestly thought Pellegrini was above such infantile behaviour.

FFS. Get a grip. It's an emotional situation. I personally was effing and blinding at the end of the game; not me at all I was told by my mates. It's called passion. I'm happy to see he is showing it. Didn't we love love Mancini mixing it up with Bacon face. We can't always be robots!

But, but, but... Mancini was to emotional, to volatile to explosive to eruptive to inflammatory and to turbulent.... Wasn't he?

Good on him.. handhakes are a choice,those farcical handshakes by the players before games make me cringe tbh.. not meant and not needed..

Sometimes in very emotional circumstances it is best just to walk away. We as fans should respect that and support our manager in what was an extremely difficult situation to handle.

Personally, although I don't like Mourinho in general his celebrations didn't upset me - again it showed how big a scalp we have become now. We should take it as a compliment - lucky, undeserved win sparks wild celebration because beating us now, even at home for recent Champions League winners, is a huge deal.

Remember when beating City used to be routine and greeted by polite applause from an indifferent home crowd? Give me this kind of nonsense any day over that.

Nor did Pellegrini not shaking hands with him bother me in the slightest. If Mourinho had done that in front of me at that precise moment I'd have struggled not to end up wrestling with him in the technical area lol.

Can't beat a bit of tension. Hate all the nicey-nicey stuff these days.

I agree he should represent the club with the utmost professionalism. But, there was this storm in news and people got killed... surely, more of a media subject than this non-story.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Personally, although I don't like Mourinho in general his celebrations didn't upset me - again it showed how big a scalp we have become now. We should take it as a compliment - lucky, undeserved win sparks wild celebration because beating us now, even at home for recent Champions League winners, is a huge deal.

Remember when beating City used to be routine and greeted by polite applause from an indifferent home crowd? Give me this kind of nonsense any day over that.

Nor did Pellegrini not shaking hands with him bother me in the slightest. If Mourinho had done that in front of me at that precise moment I'd have struggled not to end up wrestling with him in the technical area lol.

Can't beat a bit of tension. Hate all the nicey-nicey stuff these days.

Absolutely spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.