Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter Blue I am here said:
The most damning aspect of today's performance and result is that any number of Blues expressed their concern in the pre-match thread about the wisdom of a 4 man midfield containing an irredeemable lightweight dilettante in the shape of Navas, and two immobile lumberers in the shape of Ya Ya and Fernando. It's open season on our back 4 at the moment, and both the cause and the cure are screamingly obvious to just about everyone bar Manuel Pellegrini. If he can't/won't make the necessary adjustments, then his days will be very quickly numbered, and at the moment our Charming Man is killing us, plain and simple

Frustrating isn't it? I suspect today will be the death of 2 up top, because Pellegrini may be stubborn but he's no fool and he must be seeing what we can all see. I expect to see Dzeko out for Jovetic, Navas out for Milner and Clichy out for Kolarov next week.

hgblue said:
The most damning aspect of today's performance and result is that any number of Blues expressed their concern in the pre-match thread about the wisdom of a 4 man midfield containing an irredeemable lightweight dilettante in the shape of Navas, and two immobile lumberers in the shape of Ya Ya and Fernando. It's open season on our back 4 at the moment, and both the cause and the cure are screamingly obvious to just about everyone bar Manuel Pellegrini. If he can't/won't make the necessary adjustments, then his days will be very quickly numbered, and at the moment our Charming Man is killing us, plain and simple

Frustrating isn't it? I suspect today will be the death of 2 up top, because Pellegrini may be stubborn but he's no fool and he must be seeing what we can all see. I expect to see Dzeko out for Jovetic, Navas out for Milner and Clichy out for Kolarov next week.

As I said in another thread Clichey with Milner in front of him would be a different kettle of fish. But what you say is spot on and i can't disagree with you.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
Is it me or has Clichy gone really poor? I used to prefer him to Kolorov because he was better at defending but now he's no better and possibly worse. Kolorov is far far better going forward. Kolorov should be first choice as much as Zabaletta now but why isn't Pellegrini seeing this?

No he's been poor all season. Every game players have waltzed past him and put crosses in ( even sheffield weds). It makes things harder for Mangala too boot! I'm bemused by Pellegrini's formations and his reluctance to change things when it's clearly not working, you have to play to your strengths and were just not doing that thus season....very disappointing title defence yet again!

hgblue said:

Look he's had months to see what we can all see. We saw it against Chelsea and Bayern last year ffs. He is stubborn and he IS a fool.

My patience is wearing very thin with his stubbornness to keep playing 2 strikers, the difference in our play when we changed it was there for all to see, had he started like that we would have won the game comfortably IMO.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
baildon blue said:
Yeah lets keep backing Pellergrini .
Big week for him next week .
If god for bid he loses the derby .
Could that be ta ta Manuel .
Errr.......no.
Not sure are you .
Big week for Manuel .
I think he might need to sort that defence out this week .
Because we have more holes than a sieve at this moment

kippaxblue76 said:
My patience is wearing very thin with his stubbornness to keep playing 2 strikers, the difference in our play when we changed it was there for all to see, had he started like that we would have won the game comfortably IMO.

Indeed. So frustrating because I think we all aware of how good we could be if we consistently played that three in midfield

MP is at fault for few things but is it his fault if players refuse to turn up like they did in second half in Moscow and here ?Blaming the manager is easy but players should have a long hard look at themselves to,same players in the mood like in last 20 mins,become very difficult to handle,I think its players complacency that is costing us more than anything
With that being said MP needs to be more flexible with his choices,there is no shame in changing ure preferd tactics
Over the past years many managers lost there job because of rigidity with systems they tried to bring in,and changing of the system was not an option for them and the result ended in disaster for them which begs the question wheather if its a matter of ego for them ?
Long live pellegerini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.