Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mourinho had been daft enough to start with Dzeko and Kun, he certainly wouldn't have waited until the 60th minute to do something about it when it was plain to see that it wasn't working.

But forget this match, it is totally idiotic of Pellegrini to continue playing 2 up front against tough opposition and make no mistake West Ham at Upton Park fit that category this year. It's like we want to waste an entire half before we try to get going. Talk about handicapping yourself.

Edin should be Kun's replacement not his strike partner. And Aguero will get injured which will give Edin plenty of opportunity as was shown last year.

As soon as Jovetic came on wide left we were a different team. Much more fluid. But as I said it is Pellegrini's failing that he is to blind to see what everyone else can.

We have some world class talent at our disposal and in my opinion it is being wasted by the manager, who is not world class, merely goodish.

Now people will come on here and say he won the double last year. Yes he did, but we beat a one man team and a Chelsea whose manager for his own reasons didn't want to win it. We had easily the best squad and we were a Gerrard slip away from not winning it.

This year we are still Chelsea's equals but it doesn't look like it at the moment. As someone has said Pellegrini's not going to get sacked now but I would hope the club are investigating our options. It would be a shame to waste the next few years.

we keep losing the midfield playing 2 up front - surely he sees it?

where is this master tactician we were promised? even last year, it was just gungho, blitz teams, load players with confidence and rely on individual ability

Is it me or has Clichy gone really poor? I used to prefer him to Kolorov because he was better at defending but now he's no better and possibly worse. Kolorov is far far better going forward. Kolorov should be first choice as much as Zabaletta now but why isn't Pellegrini seeing this?

dobobobo said:
blueparrot said:
BlueDejong said:
Next summer..

And if Pep wants to see his 3 years out You would risk Vieira would you ?

Either of the two have been on the cards for atleast a year now.

If it's Pep then the assumption has been after next season when both contracts are up. Vieira has always been a popular one here but we really have no idea whether the club have seen enough from him to want to give him the job of taking over from Pellegrini.
If Pep sees out his Bayern contract I would be very surprised if the club risked Vieira rather than Letting Pellegrini see out his contract, Especially as I haven't written us off yet for this season.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
meltonblue said:
442 is fine as long as the wingers can tuck in to support the cms, which is what Nasri is excellent for us at.

There are a few players nowhere near where they were last year form wise which also isn't helping.

We need a couple of signings for me, Negredo playing as he did last year in the first few months is a real miss and his pressing from the front also helped to release pressure.

Sadly, that seems to be out of the question now.

FFP is certainly taking it's toll, despite the numerous "experts" on here printing mass articles about it having absolutely no effect on us whatsoever.

We went from signing Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Milner and Dzeko to signing no one who could genuinely improve our bsquad. Fernandinho perhaps being the only one. It all kicked in during that summer window where we signed Maicon, Sinclair and Rodwell.

To true and was done to undermine Bobby

NipHolmes said:
afro2007 said:
the coach has done whatever he can do to make a team perform with is style but the players have some kind of mindset in them proving they do not care about us the fans or the supports,if they do how on earth would be leading against a CSKA MOSCOW and drawing?. Because nothing is important to them to make us the fans happy.

How can you come to such an opinion?

Yaya needs freeing up, Fernandinho partnered with Fernando at the expense of Dzeko and a back-line that is consistently picked together.

This myth that players don't care is nonsense, I detest that opinion and it is a foundation-less, speculative piece of diatribe to be frank.

I know you were bigging up Manuel last year. Having second thoughts now?

VOOMER said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
meltonblue said:
442 is fine as long as the wingers can tuck in to support the cms, which is what Nasri is excellent for us at.

There are a few players nowhere near where they were last year form wise which also isn't helping.

We need a couple of signings for me, Negredo playing as he did last year in the first few months is a real miss and his pressing from the front also helped to release pressure.

Sadly, that seems to be out of the question now.

FFP is certainly taking it's toll, despite the numerous "experts" on here printing mass articles about it having absolutely no effect on us whatsoever.

We went from signing Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Milner and Dzeko to signing no one who could genuinely improve our bsquad. Fernandinho perhaps being the only one. It all kicked in during that summer window where we signed Maicon, Sinclair and Rodwell.

To true and was done to undermine Bobby

What was FFP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.