Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
So,why,when we switch to a 451,do we look so much better?

Honest question, do you think collectively we played well against Spurs?

I think although our attacking play was very good, we had very little control of the match. It felt very much like a basketball game for large parts of it, and this is playing without Dzeko which is what basically you're saying he should be doing.

I'm not saying that there's no merit in the argument that he needs to show more flexibility moving forward in terms of not constantly defaulting to Kun and Dzeko, but I think it needs to be balanced with the reality that in the last 7 days our best players for the most part have dramatically under performed.

Whether it's a blip or whether it's part of a wider malaise we will see in the coming weeks.

FantasyIreland said:
Damocles said:
FantasyIreland said:

Why would we switch if we already looked good?

You've lost me Damo.

You're asking why when we change systems do we look better.

Because the only reason to change systems is that the current one isn't working. We'd never change from a 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1 if we were dominating the game.

It's a tautology.

Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:

I think although our attacking play was very good, we had very little control of the match. It felt very much like a basketball game for large parts of it, and this is playing without Dzeko which is what basically you're saying he should be doing.

I'm not saying that there's no merit in the argument that he needs to show more flexibility moving forward in terms of not constantly defaulting to Kun and Dzeko, but I think it needs to be balanced with the reality that in the last 7 days our best players for the most part have dramatically under performed.

Whether it's a blip or whether it's part of a wider malaise we will see in the coming weeks.

In the Spuds game, Merlin played alongside Sergio. It was still a 4-4-2.

You may be trying to impress everyone with your extended vocabulary Damocles, but that isn't a Tautology.

Your argument is falling apart so stop digging yourself a bigger hole.

Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:

I agree, the warning signs were there last week. Spurs had 19 attempts and we played 5 in the middle.

It's many of the players under performing for me particularly the defence and midfield.

It's a big week for us now.

My point is,as the evidence suggests,why do we not start with one up front? when its clearly our best option.

Today was another game we would have won if his tedious 442 line up hadn't have hampered the first 60mins.

Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:

It was 4-5-1 with Milner on the left & Navas on the right Silva through the middle behind Aguero.

Essentially, this is the fans vs Pellegrini situation...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GuuggHSvsA[/video]

nevilletogoater-in said:
Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:

It was 4-5-1 with Milner on the left & Navas on the right Silva through the middle behind Aguero.

No it wasn't, Silva played up front. The closest you could get is to argue it was a 4-4-1-1 however Silva certainly wasn't in midfield.

bacuzzi said:
You may be trying to impress everyone with your extended vocabulary Damocles, but that isn't a Tautology.

Your argument is falling apart so stop digging yourself a bigger hole.

It's exactly a tautology.

<a class="postlink" href="http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautology_(logic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautology_(logic</a>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.