Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is getting really frustrating,every week all the pundits and us on here can say what will happen with the midfield before the game starts and are right.Why does he keep going with it is the ?.It's really unfair to Fernando right now when he is trying to settle in.We will get punished in the derby unless he sorts it out,their attacking line will be all over us
Last season has gone,he gets judged on what is happening now as all the other manager's do,so far not great imo

Damocles said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
For me it's not about never taking to him cos I was never really convinced by Mancini. The problem I find with MP is that we as fans can see our shortcomings, he sees our shortcomings normally too late or just in time to fix it but then the next game barring injury or suspension it's back to the same.

This is known as a Dunning-Kruger situation.

Manuel Pellegrini is a man who has spent 50 years in professional football. He has spent 50 years studying the game, the tactics of it and how to maximise performance in his athletes. He has is surrounded by a team of scouts who have expert knowledge in football systems and spend 12 hours a day watching our next opponents and finding their patterns of play. In addition to this he has a combined 300 years of coaching experience available to him in the form of advice from the employees at City. He can also speak to the players personally and knows their personalities and their strengths and weaknesses.

We watch a game twice a week.

To suggest that he hasn't noticed something blindly obvious to fans is daft. He HAS noticed it, he has just come up with reasons why he should do what he did. Reasons that you and me haven't thought of because we don't have his expertise, his experience or that of the people around him.

Might as well close the thread then.

Damocles said:
Rammy Blue said:
Damocles said:

Manuel Pellegrini is a man who has spent 50 years in professional football. He has spent 50 years studying the game, the tactics of it and how to maximise performance in his athletes. He has is surrounded by a team of scouts who have expert knowledge in football systems and spend 12 hours a day watching our next opponents and finding their patterns of play. In addition to this he has a combined 300 years of coaching experience available to him in the form of advice from the employees at City. He can also speak to the players personally and knows their personalities and their strengths and weaknesses.

To suggest that he hasn't noticed something blindly obvious to fans is daft. He HAS noticed it, he has just come up with reasons why he should do what he did. Reasons that you and me haven't thought of because we don't have his expertise, his experience or that of the people around him.

What a load of bollocks.

Hilarious.

Another one who has delusions of Jose.

I'm sure you're well qualified to take one of the biggest jobs in a highly competitive multi-billion pound industry because you watch a bit on the telly and read John Motson's Quiz Book on the shitter.

Bruce, Allardyce, Moyes et al have also done time doing all the things Pellegrini has done, are you suggesting they can't be criticized either. the fact remains there are some bloody good managers out there.

Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp. Simeone. Pellegrini is not in their league. That's all. And if we want to go the final mile we need to find our Ferguson, Paisley Clough or whoever.

Damocles said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
For me it's not about never taking to him cos I was never really convinced by Mancini. The problem I find with MP is that we as fans can see our shortcomings, he sees our shortcomings normally too late or just in time to fix it but then the next game barring injury or suspension it's back to the same.

His 50 years experience didn't fucking help him today or against CSKA did it? Nor did the team of scouts he has around him or the 300 years of coaching experience. If anything when you put it like that it makes it more embarrassing.

Do you reckon he's at home now thinking how the fuck did I get tactically outdone by Sam Allardyce?

I've watched 2 games this week and I know exactly where we went wrong against CSKA and again today. I have a feeling you do too as well as the majority of supporters. Yet our glorious leader can't be criticised for it.

robbieh said:
Bruce, Allardyce, Moyes et al have also done time doing all the things Pellegrini has done, are you suggesting they can't be criticized either. the fact remains there are some bloody good managers out there.

Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp. Simeone. Pellegrini is not in their league. That's all. And if we want to go the final mile we need to find our Ferguson, Paisley Clough or whoever.

I'm not saying he can't be criticised.

I'm saying that if your argument is based around the concept that you have noticed something that our manager hasn't then you're probably not giving him enough credit.

Damocles said:
robbieh said:

I'm saying that if your argument is based around the concept that you have noticed something that our manager hasn't then you're probably not giving him enough credit.

Ok then I'll rephrase, if he's noticed what isn't working and has failed to change it then he's a stubborn fool who will be out of a job come the summer if he carries on.

With the talent on the field and the talent on the sidelines, I am somewhat at a loss as to how we have performed so perfunctorily on occasions this season - occasions which have carried some import! We have the most talented individuals in the squad that the PL has seen for many a season, we have a coaching staff with decades of experience and the results are often as disappointing as any seen at The Etihad.

Damocles said:
robbieh said:

But there's evidence, decade after decade, of seeing and hearing fans show dismay in certain things that they disagree with their manager, at many clubs, in many leagues, and then seeing that these fans were right and these managers have got sacked...fans know a great deal about this sport, more than they get credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.