Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
nevilletogoater-in said:
For me it's not about never taking to him cos I was never really convinced by Mancini. The problem I find with MP is that we as fans can see our shortcomings, he sees our shortcomings normally too late or just in time to fix it but then the next game barring injury or suspension it's back to the same.

This is known as a Dunning-Kruger situation.

Manuel Pellegrini is a man who has spent 50 years in professional football. He has spent 50 years studying the game, the tactics of it and how to maximise performance in his athletes. He has is surrounded by a team of scouts who have expert knowledge in football systems and spend 12 hours a day watching our next opponents and finding their patterns of play. In addition to this he has a combined 300 years of coaching experience available to him in the form of advice from the employees at City. He can also speak to the players personally and knows their personalities and their strengths and weaknesses.

We watch a game twice a week.

To suggest that he hasn't noticed something blindly obvious to fans is daft. He HAS noticed it, he has just come up with reasons why he should do what he did. Reasons that you and me haven't thought of because we don't have his expertise, his experience or that of the people around him.

FantasyIreland said:
The last thing I want to do is criticise this manager,he has done superbly well up until recently,and he's a genuinely great bloke,but c'mon......he's got it wrong plenty this season already and he is showing no signs of reversing the trend.

He set us up to fail today,and,more alarmingly,left it far too late before he attempted to rectify it.Did ne not realise what was happening in front of him? or did he refuse to acknowledge he got it wrong?

Either way,its genuinely concerning,and it needs discussion.

Agreed. Not only this but Mancini was the same way particularly in Europe but Pellegrini seems to be making the same mistakes

FantasyIreland said:
The last thing I want to do is criticise this manager,he has done superbly well up until recently,and he's a genuinely great bloke,but c'mon......he's got it wrong plenty this season already and he is showing no signs of reversing the trend.

He set us up to fail today,and,more alarmingly,left it far too late before he attempted to rectify it.Did ne not realise what was happening in front of him? or did he refuse to acknowledge he got it wrong?

Either way,its genuinely concerning,and it needs discussion.

Exactly mate.

Damocles said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
For me it's not about never taking to him cos I was never really convinced by Mancini. The problem I find with MP is that we as fans can see our shortcomings, he sees our shortcomings normally too late or just in time to fix it but then the next game barring injury or suspension it's back to the same.

Manuel Pellegrini is a man who has spent 50 years in professional football. He has spent 50 years studying the game, the tactics of it and how to maximise performance in his athletes. He has is surrounded by a team of scouts who have expert knowledge in football systems and spend 12 hours a day watching our next opponents and finding their patterns of play. In addition to this he has a combined 300 years of coaching experience available to him in the form of advice from the employees at City. He can also speak to the players personally and knows their personalities and their strengths and weaknesses.

To suggest that he hasn't noticed something blindly obvious to fans is daft. He HAS noticed it, he has just come up with reasons why he should do what he did. Reasons that you and me haven't thought of because we don't have his expertise, his experience or that of the people around him.

What a load of bollocks.

Hilarious.

Much though I dislike Mourinho I think that had he rather than Mancini taken the job after Hughes we would now be looking at winning our fourth straight title.

We wouldn't have needed a 93rd minute goal against QPR and we would not have had to rely on Gerrard fucking slipping either. Just like his early Chelsea triumphs he would have walked it given the superior players we have compared to our opponents. The title United won by 11, well I don't think we would have lost momentum like we did under Mancini.

We have had 2 average managers now employed to oversee probably the best collection of individual talent in the PL since the United treble winning side. We are in danger of wasting it.

Rammy Blue said:
Damocles said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

What a load of bollocks.

Hilarious.

Another one who has delusions of Jose.

I'm sure you're well qualified to take one of the biggest jobs in a highly competitive multi-billion pound industry because you watch a bit on the telly and read John Motson's Quiz Book on the shitter.

Damocles said:
I get the feeling that some people have never really taken to Pellegrini and have waited for any opportunity to stick the boot in, which he has given them by drawing a game midweek and now losing an away game.

Can't believe that anybody thinking things through logically could possibly come to the conclusion that he is anything but a success given his match record.

I'd also like to point out that by match record, Manuel Pellegrini is by far the greatest manager City have ever had. By like 10% or so
It's not sticking the boot in. It's serious concerns, it's coming round to certain realisations and taking stock, it's seeing how far away from being truly elite even though we have come a long way as a club and even though Pellegrini has been a step forward from Mancini, we have got along way to go.

It's hearing our owners say they want us to become the best club in the world, it's seeing my ticket price go up unbelievably in the last three years and seeing us struggling so far this season in some Prem games and across all these years in Europe.

It's seeing what Real Madrid can do at Anfield and at home to Barça and seeing Bayern destroy a Roma side away that outplayed us at our own ground. Then seeing our blasé and naïve manager in the last two games...

I'm not here saying that I want him out. Don't mix us up with the Mancini out lot from a few years ago. But this guy seriously needs to change his ways. Bayern and Barça at home last season showed some serious flaws, as did Blackburn Watford and Wigan in the FA Cup. By we did have an excellent season all round last year so that blanketed those things. But seeing no improvement whatsoever in our three CL games so far just had thought that this guy is not the man to take us forward. But while he's with us in these years he will be, he needs to change!

Damocles said:
I get the feeling that some people have never really taken to Pellegrini and have waited for any opportunity to stick the boot in, which he has given them by drawing a game midweek and now losing an away game.

Can't believe that anybody thinking things through logically could possibly come to the conclusion that he is anything but a success given his match record.

I'd also like to point out that by match record, Manuel Pellegrini is by far the greatest manager City have ever had. By like 10% or so

Well on the bright side 'never really taking to Pellers' is a big step up from the naked hate that was the backdrop to the last bloke in charge. Baby steps and all that.

Damocles said:
Rammy Blue said:
Damocles said:

What a load of bollocks.

Hilarious.

Another one who has delusions of Jose.

I'm sure you're well qualified to take one of the biggest jobs in a highly competitive multi-billion pound industry because you watch a bit on the telly and read John Motson's Quiz Book on the shitter.

You're just a patronising tool who attempts to portray some higher intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.