Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't win any Prem game where Pellers picks a team with a defensive midfield 2 that includes YaYa and doesn't include Milner. YaYa just doesn't defend well enough.
I can see it, most of the rest of you can see it. Seemingly Pellers can't.

BlueAnorak said:
We won't win any Prem game where Pellers picks a team with a defensive midfield 2 that includes YaYa and doesn't include Milner. YaYa just doesn't defend well enough.

I think someone needs to write him a letter.

Big fat jowly sam out thought our holistic manager, calm down people our manager is only slightly shitter than an average bolton manager, whopee

blueinsa said:
Damocles said:
I get the feeling that some people have never really taken to Pellegrini and have waited for any opportunity to stick the boot in, which he has given them by drawing a game midweek and now losing an away game.

Can't believe that anybody thinking things through logically could possibly come to the conclusion that he is anything but a success given his match record.

I'd also like to point out that by match record, Manuel Pellegrini is by far the greatest manager City have ever had. By like 10% or so

Spot on in every respect.

They are like a sleeper cell, awoken by us dropping points.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm someone who's supported Pellegrini all the way through, but I'm having some serious reservations at the moment about his team selections, tactical nous and inflexibility

BlueAnorak said:

But Pellers has got over 50 years experience so he probably has seen it he's just chosen not to do anything about.

Well that's true if you believe Damocles view of the world

BlueAnorak said:
Just to clarify, does the 2 have to include Milner, or do you mean a 2 with Milner playing ?

M18CTID said:
Not including stupidly small sample sizes, he has the highest Premier League win percentage of any manager ever.

Which makes his perseverance with a flawed approach all the more bizarre.

Damocles said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
For me it's not about never taking to him cos I was never really convinced by Mancini. The problem I find with MP is that we as fans can see our shortcomings, he sees our shortcomings normally too late or just in time to fix it but then the next game barring injury or suspension it's back to the same.

This is known as a Dunning-Kruger situation.

Manuel Pellegrini is a man who has spent 50 years in professional football. He has spent 50 years studying the game, the tactics of it and how to maximise performance in his athletes. He has is surrounded by a team of scouts who have expert knowledge in football systems and spend 12 hours a day watching our next opponents and finding their patterns of play. In addition to this he has a combined 300 years of coaching experience available to him in the form of advice from the employees at City. He can also speak to the players personally and knows their personalities and their strengths and weaknesses.

We watch a game twice a week.

To suggest that he hasn't noticed something blindly obvious to fans is daft. He HAS noticed it, he has just come up with reasons why he should do what he did. Reasons that you and me haven't thought of because we don't have his expertise, his experience or that of the people around him.

You're straying into Joe Royle territory; the old 'only someone who's played the game professionally could possibly have an opinion worth a fig' argument. It's nonsense. Using myself as an example, I played the game to a decent amateur standard for 20 years, playing two, sometimes three, times a week for different teams; probably some 700-800 games in total. I've also done an FA coaching course and am a qualified referee. Does it mean I know fuck all, just cos I was never good enough to play professionally? I'm not a cordon bleu chef either, but I know when my steak's burnt. Alan Ball won a World Cup; was he a good manager? Whatever the depth of Manuel Pellegrini's experience, he's dropping more rickets at the moment is healthy.

Sky Blue said:
baildon blue said:
Balti said:
I see Bobby Manc is free ;=)
Nay we don't want to go backwards .
Time for a guy like Klopp to sort us out .

Dortmund are in 14th fucking place FFS!
So what if they are 14th .
Still doing miles better than us in Europe Klopp .
His teams play high tempo football just what we need right now .
I have seen tractors go faster than us this season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.