Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
nevilletogoater-in said:
BlueAnorak said:
We won't win any Prem game where Pellers picks a team with a defensive midfield 2 that includes YaYa and doesn't include Milner. YaYa just doesn't defend well enough.
I can see it, most of the rest of you can see it. Seemingly Pellers can't.

But Pellers has got over 50 years experience so he probably has seen it he's just chosen not to do anything about.

Well that's true if you believe Damocles view of the world

Damocles's comments are normally quite good. On this occasion he's wrong. I'm starting to think that Prestwich Blue is correct and Pellers has taken us as far as he can.
I just couldn't believe Pellers team selection today. Did he actually WANT US to lose? Because that is what that selection was pretty much guaranteed to achieve.
Seriously, Pellers needs a rocket up his own arse.
The players need rockets up their backsides too. 70% possession, 21 chances (10 in the last 20+5 mins) and 1 goal,

KippaxCitizen said:
Damocles said:
I get the feeling that some people have never really taken to Pellegrini and have waited for any opportunity to stick the boot in, which he has given them by drawing a game midweek and now losing an away game.

Can't believe that anybody thinking things through logically could possibly come to the conclusion that he is anything but a success given his match record.

I'd also like to point out that by match record, Manuel Pellegrini is by far the greatest manager City have ever had. By like 10% or so
It's not sticking the boot in. It's serious concerns, it's coming round to certain realisations and taking stock, it's seeing how far away from being truly elite even though we have come a long way as a club and even though Pellegrini has been a step forward from Mancini, we have got along way to go.

It's hearing our owners say they want us to become the best club in the world, it's seeing my ticket price go up unbelievably in the last three years and seeing us struggling so far this season in some Prem games and across all these years in Europe.

It's seeing what Real Madrid can do at Anfield and at home to Barça and seeing Bayern destroy a Roma side away that outplayed us at our own ground. Then seeing our blasé and naïve manager in the last two games...

I'm not here saying that I want him out. Don't mix us up with the Mancini out lot from a few years ago. But this guy seriously needs to change his ways. Bayern and Barça at home last season showed some serious flaws, as did Blackburn Watford and Wigan in the FA Cup. By we did have an excellent season all round last year so that blanketed those things. But seeing no improvement whatsoever in our three CL games so far just had thought that this guy is not the man to take us forward. But while he's with us in these years he will be, he needs to change!

This +1

Bluewonder said:
robbieh said:
Much though I dislike Mourinho I think that had he rather than Mancini taken the job after Hughes we would now be looking at winning our fourth straight title.

We wouldn't have needed a 93rd minute goal against QPR and we would not have had to rely on Gerrard fucking slipping either. Just like his early Chelsea triumphs he would have walked it given the superior players we have compared to our opponents. The title United won by 11, well I don't think we would have lost momentum like we did under Mancini.

We have had 2 average managers now employed to oversee probably the best collection of individual talent in the PL since the United treble winning side. We are in danger of wasting it.
I 100% agree with this. Mourinho, Ancelotti or Guardiola would piss the league with this squad.

I too agree. I don't see a world class manager delivering piss poor performance like this and sit on their behinds till the 80th minute to change it.

Too much negativity given our start to the season. Might not be flying, but it's not that bad, and every recent season has seen worse moments than this and we've recovered. Why should this be any different?

BlueAnorak said:
We won't win any Prem game where Pellers picks a team with a defensive midfield 2 that includes YaYa and doesn't include Milner. YaYa just doesn't defend well enough.

Pellegrini doesn't play "a defensive midfield 2" for starters. And he's won plenty of Premier League games playing with two in midfield.

He needs to find a way of getting more from the players. Like he said himself the players lacked intensity today in the first half, it's up to him to ensure that they don't lack that intensity.

cleavers said:
BlueAnorak said:
Just to clarify, does the 2 have to include Milner, or do you mean a 2 with Milner playing ?
Awaits answer.....

Exeter Blue I am here said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Damocles said:
I get the feeling that some people have never really taken to Pellegrini and have waited for any opportunity to stick the boot in, which he has given them by drawing a game midweek and now losing an away game.

Can't believe that anybody thinking things through logically could possibly come to the conclusion that he is anything but a success given his match record.

I'd also like to point out that by match record, Manuel Pellegrini is by far the greatest manager City have ever had. By like 10% or so
It's not sticking the boot in. It's serious concerns, it's coming round to certain realisations and taking stock, it's seeing how far away from being truly elite even though we have come a long way as a club and even though Pellegrini has been a step forward from Mancini, we have got along way to go.

It's hearing our owners say they want us to become the best club in the world, it's seeing my ticket price go up unbelievably in the last three years and seeing us struggling so far this season in some Prem games and across all these years in Europe.

It's seeing what Real Madrid can do at Anfield and at home to Barça and seeing Bayern destroy a Roma side away that outplayed us at our own ground. Then seeing our blasé and naïve manager in the last two games...

I'm not here saying that I want him out. Don't mix us up with the Mancini out lot from a few years ago. But this guy seriously needs to change his ways. Bayern and Barça at home last season showed some serious flaws, as did Blackburn Watford and Wigan in the FA Cup. By we did have an excellent season all round last year so that blanketed those things. But seeing no improvement whatsoever in our three CL games so far just had thought that this guy is not the man to take us forward. But while he's with us in these years he will be, he needs to change!

This +1
This +100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Excellent post. Absolutely correct on all counts.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Doesn't excuse switching off and letting Valencia run off him for the first goal, doesn't excuse passing the ball across into his own box (cardinal sin), straight to a West Ham player, also let his man beat him too easily for the 2nd goal, it also doesn't excuse him jogging back to the halfway line rather than trying to get back on more than one occasion and doesn't excuse his general lack of awareness, enthusiasm, engagement, positional sense, the way, like at Arsenal to cost us a goal, he continually chickens out of tackles like a coward instead of engaging his brain, positioning his body correctly and like Zaba and Vinnie often do, getting a toe on the ball to clear it away without giving away a penalty, and his lack of communication skills. Since he's moved back to LB he's played like he's just got out of bed every time he's stepped on the pitch.

I won't defend him, or have any sympathy. £55 for him not to even remotely try and do his job properly.

Totally agree. How he got another 4 year contract I don't know.

The first goal was a carbon copy of CSKA's 1st the other night so was Clichy blame then? Why is our left back forced to try and win a header against their striker for their 2nd? Where were our centre halves?

"doesn't excuse his general lack of awareness, enthusiasm, engagement, positional sense" this could be applied to a certain central midfielder who last season was incredible.

Poor tactics cost us today, not individual errors.

I agree. I said earlier, Clichy is decent (meaning he isn't great but does the job). But when Pelle screws up the tactics and have Silva in front of him (who isn't strong in defending) and Mangala to his right (whos having a nightmare start), you expose the poor fella. Even Kompany wasn't good today. Felt like the whole back line were running about covering Mangala's wrong positioning and mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.