Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolee said:
BlueAnorak said:
We won't win any Prem game where Pellers picks a team with a defensive midfield 2 that includes YaYa and doesn't include Milner. YaYa just doesn't defend well enough.
I can see it, most of the rest of you can see it. Seemingly Pellers can't.

Pellegrini doesn't play "a defensive midfield 2" for starters. And he's won plenty of Premier League games playing with two in midfield.

He needs to find a way of getting more from the players. Like he said himself the players lacked intensity today in the first half, it's up to him to ensure that they don't lack that intensity.
Simply a case of a reaction to playing away in Europe and Allarydce had his team playing at a high intensity to take advantage

I wonder what Dortmund fans think about Klopp. They are one point above the relegation zone.

Not absolving Pellegrini of all the blame but I can't help thinking that he's been let down somewhat by the players of late. That was a weird game today - at times we were in total control but at others we were floundering like fuck.

cleavers said:
cleavers said:
BlueAnorak said:
We won't win any Prem game where Pellers picks a team with a defensive midfield 2 that includes YaYa and doesn't include Milner. YaYa just doesn't defend well enough.
Just to clarify, does the 2 have to include Milner, or do you mean a 2 with Milner playing ?
Awaits answer.....

A 2 (with YaYa) and without Milner somewhere else on the pitch.
Not enough graft otherwise
In Europe even Milner's extra graft isn't good enough when YaYa is in rambling back defence mode. (see Tuesday for details)

cleavers said:
cleavers said:
BlueAnorak said:
Just to clarify, does the 2 have to include Milner, or do you mean a 2 with Milner playing ?
Awaits answer.....

I think he means we can't play 2 in the middle unless Jimmy is one of the 'other' 2 ie Yaya fernando silva and Milner

I'm guessing he means the midfield he played today is a no-go away from home and I tend to agree

The top and bottom of it is that Navas just isn't good enough especially away from home. Milner should have started today.

Marvin said:
Rolee said:
BlueAnorak said:

Pellegrini doesn't play "a defensive midfield 2" for starters. And he's won plenty of Premier League games playing with two in midfield.

He needs to find a way of getting more from the players. Like he said himself the players lacked intensity today in the first half, it's up to him to ensure that they don't lack that intensity.
Simply a case of a reaction to playing away in Europe and Allarydce had his team playing at a high intensity to take advantage

I wonder what Dortmund fans think about Klopp. They are one point above the relegation zone.

But Dortmund are also pissing their champions league group so at least they have performed in one competition so far this season

Real Madrid had Kroos and Modric as a midfield two today... neither is very good defensively at all. Just much more hard work, pace and intensity around them than our style seems to have. Oh, and the fact both are masters of ball retention and passing. Maybe this is what Pellegrini envisions, Yaya is especially good with the ball but hasn't been at his best.

It's all well and good playing 2 up top but Dzeko and Aguero are not a good partnership unlike Aguero and Negrado last season also I think Pelegrini not strong enough or to nice to drop Dzeko most game to play one up top, it's a quandary and Pelegrini needs to sort it pretty quickly if we want to defend our title..

Another excuse I'm not having is the players were tired or fatigued

The mantra for this season was to have 2 capable players in every season, and apparently we have that so we should be able to go to CSKA and perform and then still get a result away at West Ham

Rolee said:
BlueAnorak said:

I would argue that he won plenty of games in spite of 2 in the middle. It worked last season when we had Negredo and Aguero in blistering form with Yaya a year younger and Fernandinho with the legs in midfiled and Nasri enjoying a purple patch, but as the season progressed he changed to a 4411 with Silva and Dzeko and had a similar win percentage. its telling that when we just needed the result he abandoned the 442

LoveCity said:
Real Madrid had Kroos and Modric as a midfield two today... neither is very good defensively at all. Just much more hard work, pace and intensity around them than our style seems to have. Oh, and the fact both are masters of ball retention and passing. Maybe this is what Pellegrini envisions, Yaya is especially good with the ball but hasn't been at his best.

this and this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.