Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
herrock said:
The manager got away with that today, his substitutions were poor and from looking in control we nearly gave the game away.

We won the game today in spite of the manager.
Tactically he is in the same bracket as Stuart Pearce.

WHAAAAAT???!!

He got everythinig bang on today. I questioned the starting line up and the subs at the time but not only did he win the derby against The Worlds Best Tactical Genius EverTM, he did it by withdrawing some key players so they are better prepared ahead of an important European match.

Fuck me if MP is in the same bracket as SP then so is Cabbage Face, Brenda and Maureen.

wattle said:
Chelsea play awful and get a win..... Maureen is a genius
We play average and win the derby and some of you clowns want Pellers out....... oh you fools. You're as bad as the gutter press

Chelsea were playing against 11 and away, ye dafty. We were playing well, dominant, double sub that wasn't needed at all to satisfy his 442 fetish and UTD are all over us. Plus, we have the best squad in the PL. I cannot believe we were hanging on, rather than winning by 3 or 4 margin.

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
As I remember it, and I haven't watched it since live, when he brought dzeko on he pulled Sergio wider left in a 4123/433 type formation. Nasri sat to the left of YaYa with fernando at the base of central mid. We did get ragged at that point, and he tried to rectify the problem by bringing dinho on.

The thing about subs is that there is no manager in the history of the game who knows exactly how a match will pan out. He makes a call and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. If just one of those 3-4 chances we made in the last 20 went in the manager would have looked a genius. If one of United s had gone in he'd have looked a chump. Neither would have been true.

As it is, he's taken a team bereft of silva and under serious pressure to a deserved three points. We should have been 4 up by the time those subs were even made. I'm not one to say 'we won and that's all that matters'. But what I am saying is that over 90 minutes we were by miles the better side. That will do for me instead of moaning about what might have been, using the power of hindsight.

I know mate, and bottom line is we won, however that last 20 was pretty horrific.

Against 10 men we didn't need to take any risks and dominating with the extra man in the middle and Yaya further forward was by far and away what should have happened.

It was so bad that for a 5/10 minute period Dzeko was actually playing left wing with Nasri tucked in behind Sergio, until he got Dinho on.

I've watched the last 20 again since getting back and it was awful.

We were under the cosh, definitely, but I felt it was because we kept giving it back to them: A confidence thing.

When the wife's gone to bed I'm going to watch the 90 on telly. That's if she's Sky plussed it properly. Got back him from the last OT Derby, poured a beer and put it on only to find shed missed the first half and it had 'clashed' with one of her daft crime series before the third goal. Talk about gutted.

I'm feeling very optimistic. A good win on Wednesday and the season is very much alive again. We have got a great run of fixtures coming up to get the team collectively playing well again.

I thought there were loads of good things today: we defended well, pressed well and showed great composure for most of the game. Again we missed a bagful of chances, but any win without Silva will do nicely.

Our season hangs on YaYa
We keep him where he is in midfield and finish the season with FUCK ALL and get a new manager in the summer
-or -
We push him up the pitch away from mainstay defensive duties (other than picking up runners from deep) and have a good season.

Pellegrini's choice.

BlueAnorak said:
Our season hangs on YaYa
We keep him where he is in midfield and finish the season with FUCK ALL and get a new manager in the summer
-or -
We push him up the pitch away from mainstay defensive duties (other than picking up runners from deep) and have a good season.

Pellegrini's choice.

Couldn't agree more

BlueAnorak said:
Our season hangs on YaYa
-or -

Pellegrini's choice.

Pushing him up the pitch requires us to change formation... which Pellegrini says isn't going to happen.

Personally, I think we should experiment and try something along the lines of 4-1-2-1-2. It could well kickstart our season.

--------------------Hart------------------

Zaba-----Kompany--Demi----Clichy

----------------Fernandinho--------------------

------Nasri-------------------Silva----------

-------------------Toure----------------------

------------Aguero----Dzeko--------------

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
BlueAnorak said:
Our season hangs on YaYa
-or -

Pellegrini's choice.

Pushing him up the pitch requires us to change formation... which Pellegrini says isn't going to happen.

Personally, I think we should experiment and try something along the lines of 4-1-2-1-2. It could well kickstart our season.

Dzeko shouldn't be anywhere near this side at the moment. His efforts in the last 10 days have been poor to say the least.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
BlueAnorak said:
Our season hangs on YaYa
-or -

Pellegrini's choice.

He only knows 4-4-2.
Anything beyond that just ain't gonna happen.

Didsbury Dave said:
We have got a great run of fixtures coming up to get the team collectively playing well again.

I thought there were loads of good things today: we defended well, pressed well and showed great composure for most of the game. Again we missed a bagful of chances, but any win without Silva will do nicely.

You're right about the fixture list, no easy games in the Prem but the run up to the new year is a great opportunity to put some heat on Chelsea.

There were definitely plenty of positives today, it was a shame that Jovetic didn't step up, and hopefully Merlin will be back after the international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.