Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
As I remember it, and I haven't watched it since live, when he brought dzeko on he pulled Sergio wider left in a 4123/433 type formation. Nasri sat to the left of YaYa with fernando at the base of central mid. We did get ragged at that point, and he tried to rectify the problem by bringing dinho on.

The thing about subs is that there is no manager in the history of the game who knows exactly how a match will pan out. He makes a call and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. If just one of those 3-4 chances we made in the last 20 went in the manager would have looked a genius. If one of United s had gone in he'd have looked a chump. Neither would have been true.

As it is, he's taken a team bereft of silva and under serious pressure to a deserved three points. We should have been 4 up by the time those subs were even made. I'm not one to say 'we won and that's all that matters'. But what I am saying is that over 90 minutes we were by miles the better side. That will do for me instead of moaning about what might have been, using the power of hindsight.

I know mate, and bottom line is we won, however that last 20 was pretty horrific.

Against 10 men we didn't need to take any risks and dominating with the extra man in the middle and Yaya further forward was by far and away what should have happened.

It was so bad that for a 5/10 minute period Dzeko was actually playing left wing with Nasri tucked in behind Sergio, until he got Dinho on.

I've watched the last 20 again since getting back and it was awful.

Its these 20 min spells that I just can't fathom. We seem to be in control of a game and then just let the opposition back into it. Its not a fitness thing, since it can happen first half or second. We just seem to go to sleep.

Shadz69 said:
TGR said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
I wish he'd do something with his hair.

Mancini's hair was truly beautiful. Once again there is no comparison.

It's not like the gaffer can even wear a scarf to distract from his hair.The gorgeous one owns that at City for evermore.Maybe a shawl.

I like his hair!! And I trust him as well, Jimmy did look tired and needed to come off for a rest!! (IMHO)

Jimmy coming off was a really strange decision, and it nearly cost us, still cannot fathom it considering how well he was playing

Shadz69 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Shadz69 said:
It's not like the gaffer can even wear a scarf to distract from his hair.The gorgeous one owns that at City for evermore.Maybe a shawl.
A poncho you mean.

lol even better.
Can see them being a big seller come Xmas. Better than the festive offering Milners been modelling on the OS.

BringBackSwales said:
Jimmy coming off was a really strange decision, and it nearly cost us, still cannot fathom it considering how well he was playing

I believe he was about to become lame and would have had to be put down, that or it was a tactical decision by Mr P

Great 3 points today and we were not at it for most of the game in my opinion.. Pelegrini needs to kick this lethargic out of our players don't know if it's second season syndrome or the World Cup but there is something missing from our performances!

Gaylord du Bois said:
Shadz69 said:
TGR said:
Mancini's hair was truly beautiful. Once again there is no comparison.

A poncho you mean.

Excellent idea!
It could be a big seller in the City superstore and the 'greeters' on the way to and from the stadium could wear them also. The latest highly paid MBA qualified marketing intern at the Etihad is already on the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.