Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
taconinja said:
Ducado said:
Never had a problem with him, I always liked the cut the of the guy, charming, cool and polite reminds me so much of myself to be honest

But to be fair I never had a problem with Roberto, both managers have been right the right men for their time
Agreed. Different situations call for different management. I sense the natives are feeling a bit restless and want the blood of their enemies, though, and I imagine they feel they have free reign.

You cannot deny Roberto was the right man for the job at the time. He won us the FA Cup and the league title and he organised our weak defence, tightened things up and then took us to that next level. The introduction of the homegrown rule and FFP made our board's goals and Roberto's completely fractured. He was a man who wanted the best players at the club and just like Roberto the player, had an ego and a self-belief that caused friction when others disagreed. His ambitions were not in line with what the club wanted.

I was speaking to a friend who supports Palace. He said about West Ham being careful what they wish for in sacking Allardyce. They are in danger of trying to change from a club fighting to stay up to one looking further up the table and it can go tits up. Allardyce and Pulis will keep you in this league, they know the mentality and the style of play required. In La Liga Pellegrini was able to implement a philosophy and style of play at a club with restricted finances and do very well with it. Martinez is of a similar ilk and tried the same in England but eventually Wigan went down. That kind of game wont work here at the bottom of the table. But Martinez at Everton has shown how good he is. The right man at the right time. We most definitely have the right man for the job. He has won things in England and his CV looks rather impressive. He's done it in different circumstances. People question whether he will be proactive and make changes to the side but I think now the season is over we can see he did that and with an improved squad he will be able to do it to more effect this season.

M18CTID said:
I really appreciated what Mancini did for us and he was a nice bloke to boot (though I fully accept not all the players will agree with that last bit of course) but Pellegrini has matched Mancini's achievements on the pitch and has also moulded a greater sense of togetherness amongst the players as well which should stand us in good stead going forward.

I hope all those people calling for his head when we were only a dozen or so games into the season are eating a large slice of humble pie now. It was nothing short of pathetic to show such impatience in such a short space of time, especially as his footballing style was already beginning to take shape at that point.

Mate the bakers have been working overtime for the last two weeks and their still struggling with the demand

Puppet Master Silva said:
In what world is Mancini further ahead of Pellegrini and on par with Mourinho and Fergie?

He's not, those 2 are arguably the 2 best managers of all time.

Didsbury Dave said:
Some of you are like twitter parody accounts, sincerely.

Please expand David.

adrianr said:
Very unfair that chap. The main thing you can level at him from a tactical point of view this season is an insistence, though this could be argued perhaps little more than a belief in the players, to carry out a certain system, and that was something we had to commit too sooner or later anyway. He's certainly more tactically astute in an attacking sense than all managers you've mentioned.

Does Pellergrini change his tactics to snuff out the opposition? Sunderland away is the best example when he swapped Dzeko for Negredo(it may have been vice versa but the point stands) would he take a right back off to bring a striker on? Mancini wasn't afraid to take a player off before half time, neither was Mourinho, Ferguson knew that whilst Park and Fletcher weren't the most talented he could rely on them for the bigger games and sadly it worked. Not saying we should sack him and I rated him very highly as you have seen by my 9.5 out of 10 mark. What Pele does have over Mancini is man management skills, there's been significant improvements in Nasri, Dzeko, Garcia, Kolarov. Mancini's the ruthless win at all costs it's my way or the highway bloke, Pellers is the we'll win and we'll win in style keep the squad happy bloke.

Kun Aguero said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Please expand David.

No please don't David. Nobody is interested in reading another Mancini argument from you two. If you absolutely cannot help yourselves from replying, there's a PM button where you can reply directly to each other

Damocles said:
Kun Aguero said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Please expand David.

No please don't David. Nobody is interested in reading another Mancini argument from you two. If you absolutely cannot help yourselves from replying, there's a PM button where you can reply directly to each other

Oi, I'm staying well out of all this, if you notice.

The argument is finished. Dead.

Damocles said:
Kun Aguero said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Please expand David.

Bit 1984 of you. I'd quite like to hear DD's reply....PM me too then, please Dave.

Kun Aguero said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
In what world is Mancini further ahead of Pellegrini and on par with Mourinho and Fergie?

He's not, those 2 are arguably the 2 best managers of all time.

Didsbury Dave said:

Please expand David.

adrianr said:
Very unfair that chap. The main thing you can level at him from a tactical point of view this season is an insistence, though this could be argued perhaps little more than a belief in the players, to carry out a certain system, and that was something we had to commit too sooner or later anyway. He's certainly more tactically astute in an attacking sense than all managers you've mentioned.

Does Pellergrini change his tactics to snuff out the opposition? Sunderland away is the best example when he swapped Dzeko for Negredo(it may have been vice versa but the point stands) would he take a right back off to bring a striker on? Mancini wasn't afraid to take a player off before half time, neither was Mourinho, Ferguson knew that whilst Park and Fletcher weren't the most talented he could rely on them for the bigger games and sadly it worked. Not saying we should sack him and I rated him very highly as you have seen by my 9.5 out of 10 mark. What Pele does have over Mancini is man management skills, there's been significant improvements in Nasri, Dzeko, Garcia, Kolarov. Mancini's the ruthless win at all costs it's my way or the highway bloke, Pellers is the we'll win and we'll win in style keep the squad happy bloke.

But his version of win at all costs didn't work

He alienated too many people and lost the dressing room because of his approach

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Kun Aguero said:
Please expand David.

Oi, I'm staying well out of all this, if you notice.

The argument is finished. Dead.

Argument finished a long time ago and was rubber stamped on Sunday as confirmation.

Lets all move on and enjoy being champions :) wahey - I only just recovered from serious partying yesterday and I stopped boozing at 4am Sunday night. Sure the novelty will wear off after we win our 20th and I may just goto bed at 9pm or something like that

Kun Aguero said:
Can we not bicker?

I like Pellers, comes across well, tactic wise he's no Ferguson, Jose or Mancini but he's kept our players happy and winning so he deserves credit.

A 9.5 out of 10 for me.

Sorry mate but to put Fergiscum in there as a great tactician is wrong.

Great manager no question but he used Kidd, Maclaren and then Queiroz for a reason.

His own tactics were 4-4-2 get it wide quickly and into the box quickly.

There's a reason that in 26 years, with the biggest budget known, he only managed 2 European cups, one won on penalties and the other with 2 goals in injury time against the run of play.

Man management, bullying to get more than each player should be able to give, he was arguably the best, but tactics no chance, you only have to see last seasons capitulation v Madrid after the sending off to see his limitations.

Personnally i'd take pellers over the above, won't bring the club into disrepute and will win us more than enough trophies.

Shame he's not 45-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.