Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
brass neck said:
Just to open this up abit (and btw, for what its worth I think he is Citys greatest signing in the last 20 years) but what would happen if this wonderful, slightly more mature, long way from home GENTLEMAN was to leave for whatever reason. Who would be fit to lace his boots?

I certainly wouldnt want the chosen nob and while Rodgers does play some good stuff.....he does have an air of Partridge about him at times and last season he did prove to be not quite the finished product. I like the cut of ya mans Jib at Spurs but obviously the next two seasons will tell us all about him. Personally I would go for:

1. Martinez, 2.Pochatino, 3. Rodgers and keep an eye on 4. Uve

12 months is a long time in football so it's hard to know now who'll be the right guy in two years time. I do think Pellegrini will move on at the end of his contract, possibly even retire. On that basis I think it's probably worth revisiting the question in about 12 months time. Of the names you've mentioned Rodgers can fuck right off. We'll see how Poch and Martinez do this season. I like Martinez but as I say 12 months is a long time in football so we shall see.

Pep's contract runs concurrently with MP's so given the guys running the club you would imagine they have their eyes firmly on him.

Having said that, Viera would have had three years of coaching the under 21s and as such would be a front runner.

To aim in continuity of what has been put in place and as such for me it's Pep or PV, subject to availability and PV having the necessary nous and experience to do the job!

One thing that struck me about Pellers last night is that he seems to be so much more relaxed. Good :) Let's hope he gets the plaudits he deserves this season, and not after it's all over and begrudgingly at that.

zabadabadoo1985 said:
Pep's contract runs concurrently with MP's so given the guys running the club you would imagine they have their eyes firmly on him.

Having said that, Viera would have had three years of coaching the under 21s and as such would be a front runner.

To aim in continuity of what has been put in place and as such for me it's Pep or PV, subject to availability and PV having the necessary nous and experience to do the job!

Really like the spuds manager would like him after pellers but hope we get another 4 seasons out ov him!

PB and myself were having a chat about him at the game last night, he seem to suit the way the owners want the club to go, no drama, no hysterics, in fact one could say rather boring but a brilliant manager who does his job which is not to make the headlines

Mister Appointment said:
12 months is a long time in football so it's hard to know now who'll be the right guy in two years time. I do think Pellegrini will move on at the end of his contract, possibly even retire. On that basis I think it's probably worth revisiting the question in about 12 months time. Of the names you've mentioned Rodgers can fuck right off. We'll see how Poch and Martinez do this season. I like Martinez but as I say 12 months is a long time in football so we shall see.

Pellegrini after City , if he does not sign a new contract with City, will go to Chile´s National Team ;)

I guess Pep could be his successor but I find Pellegrini's brand of football much nicer. We pass a lot but it's not nearly as stale as some of the passing in Pep's teams which becomes masturbatory and has brought on some criticism in Germany. I think Pep would be very frustrated by the amount of stubborn parked buses over here, but would win trophies.

Soriano is big on 'cycles' and believes a 'cycle' can be 3-5 years, so I think they will analyse next summer and next season whether Pellegrini's 'cycle' can be extended beyond his third season. I hope it can be. I also think Vieira has a lot to prove before he should be considered. His U21s have improved so much compared to when Welsh and Mancini's yes-man Lombardo were in charge, but there are some major tactical deficiencies from what I've seen. Pochettino is an interesting manager and if he can get Spurs in the top 4, could be considered. He and Pellegrini are friends I believe.

I don't want to think about it as it'll be a while, possible two - three years +. When the time comes for Pellegrini to move on, depending on if they've continued their own development, I think our eyes should be on Martinez and Pochettino. Personally I'd opt for Martinez, I think he'd suit us more.

LoveCity said:
Soriano is big on 'cycles' and believes a 'cycle' can be 3-5 years, so I think they will analyse next summer and next season whether Pellegrini's 'cycle' can be extended beyond his third season.
Well he said that football goes in cycles, but that it's possible for a manager to do more than one cycle. It's his way of basically giving himself the right to change the manager at any point. One interesting part was when he talked about getting rid of Rijkaard. He said he knew that it was coming to the end and there were problems behind the scenes, but didn't have the balls to replace him because he'd just won the league. The next season, they lost and he was replaced. So it wouldn't necessarily be surprising to see Pellegrini leave on a high, but there's also nothing to suggest that if he's still doing a good job and everything is still fine, he wouldn't be offered a new contract. Obviously a lot of the team will be coming to the end of their careers in about 5-6 years time, and that might be the time that they decide to build a new team with a new manager (and hopefully oversee the transition of a lot of graduates from the academy into the first team).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.