Maradona plea to City

They're City players before Argentina players as far as I'm concerned, club before country every day of the week. He did leave Tevez out of a game at our request so as a compromise I'd consider bringing on Cruz for Tevez 50 - 60 minutes in if circumstances are favourable.

rastus said:
If they want to play for their country they should be allowed to.
No one is stopping them, the dates don't clash, Maradona just wants us to rest them..........err, get lost Mr Maradona

oh come on lads we're all being inconsiderate here, we'd all love to risk our league standing just to ensure the Argies qualify..NOT!... how can he even think of such as thing, even if it was England, i'd go mad if we left players out just to help the country qualify. Club before Country, no matter how patriotic you are.

Like sweep suggested, at best, we could sub Tevez later on in the 2nd half, as long as we are in a position to do so. That way he will get a slight rest so he doesn't push his recovery from the injury and we let RSC have a run out. But the only way it should happen, is if its more beneficial to us and the player, not the AFF. As we've shown, we won't back down to anyone and i'm positive Hughesy will take the right action in this situation

mancunial said:
can i have a autograph and a photo taken with you please zab as your mate ptrov told me to sod off ?

If you had Petrov's troubles you'd understand, he told me that if you have a thick head of hair he just sees red. Very jealous man is Martin.

bluemoon32 said:
rastus said:
If they want to play for their country they should be allowed to.
No one is stopping them, the dates don't clash, Maradona just wants us to rest them..........err, get lost Mr Maradona
A bit of a shortsighted view IMO, we will have more chance of them being left out of pointless international friendlies in future if we try and help AS LONG AS we're in a position to do so. Also, I'm sure the players would want to give themselves the best possible chance of qualifying for the WC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.