Maradona, truly the best player on this planet so far

In my opinion for what its worth he is the very best Ive seen so far. Messi is good, but no way near as good as Maradona.

david whites spike said:
Yep the best without a shadow of a doubt.
Exactly the same attributes as messi but was literally ' assaulted ' everytime he stepped on to the pitch.you had to almost murder someone to be sent off in them days.messi wouldn't have coped in the eighties like maradona did.he had serious strength and bravery as well as everything else.
I agree, it's the truth.

Think Messi is a better player myself but until he owns a World Cup like Maradona did in 86 then it's hard to argue against Maradona although I guess Pele is still the consensus choice as GOAT

Lets compare old sports to new.

You know the American swimmer, Mark Spitz? In the 70s he set about 7 world records for swimming and was easily considered the best ever. Did you also know that high school kids in America can now regularly get very close to his times?

Sport today has improved vastly. If these old players were born today maybe they'd stand a chance, but if you consider the ability they actually had it is definitely nowhere near modern players. There is no doubt at all in my mind that Messi is the best ever. He will probably be eclipsed at some point in the future too, when we evolve even more.

SuperYaya said:

You know the American swimmer, Mark Spitz? In the 70s he set about 7 world records for swimming and was easily considered the best ever. Did you also know that high school kids in America can now regularly get very close to his times?

Sport today has improved vastly. If these old players were born today maybe they'd stand a chance, but if you consider the ability they actually had it is definitely nowhere near modern players. There is no doubt at all in my mind that Messi is the best ever. He will probably be eclipsed at some point in the future too, when we evolve even more.

You could maybe talk about fitness and say older players had nowhere near as much as today's players but to say ability is quite simply wrong.

Look at the clip of Maradona in action on the previous page. This was on cut up pitches with players given free reign to hack at him. When City played in the Nou Camp, Iniesta and Messi went down EVERY single time they lost the ball. You can't seriously look at Maradona and claim he had far less ability than today's top players.

citykev28 said:
SuperYaya said:

You could maybe talk about fitness and say older players had nowhere near as much as today's players but to say ability is quite simply wrong.

Look at the clip of Maradona in action on the previous page. This was on cut up pitches with players given free reign to hack at him. When City played in the Nou Camp, Iniesta and Messi went down EVERY single time they lost the ball. You can't seriously look at Maradona and claim he had far less ability than today's top players.

Of course you can claim this, but such a claim is there to be giggled and pointed at due its ludicrousness.

With regards to "sport has improved vastly", it hasn't. It has changed immeasurably, but many would suggest such changes are not improvements. If you were to say the athleticism and physique of competitors has improved vastly, and the science and medical assistance available to them, then I'd agree wholly.

Here're a few reasons behind my disillusionment with the modern game and why I think modernisation of football isn't all it's cracked up to be. The link's genuine, to The Daisy Cutter.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2014/05/the-end-of-the-affair-falling-out-of-love-with-the-world-cup/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2014/05 ... world-cup/</a>

Hope it's okay to post this link. Nothing like a shameless plug. ;-)

He was very good . He made Napoli great in Italy . I wouldn't say he was the greatest . For me those player in the Brazil team of 1970 were the greatest . The likes of Pele and Jarzinho .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.