Maradona, truly the best player on this planet so far

alky313 said:
I wonder if any sports scientists have compared the pace and agility of Maradona and Messi.

I dunno but i just watched a bit of messi to refresh my memory and the man is just amazing.
One player seemingly thought 2fuck it i'll take the bastard down", still skipped over him like a ballerina and then scored after beating 3 more men.

I think it is personal preference tbh, Maradona was indeed an amazing player i just happen to think Messi is better.
After a hard 80min defo would be better imo as Diego liked a line and a pie didn't he.

Both fantastic players who are interchangeable as it stands however i would say Messi has done as much already as Maradona ever did.
Far to many variables to say "yeah but maradona won a world cup single handed" and if he keeps the hunger by the time he retires he will be beyond reproach as the worlds greatest ever player imo.

Tried to bed Manc Gemma Atkinson

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2402717/Gemma-Atkinson-reveals-she-once-turned-down-advances-from-football-legend-Diego-Maradona.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... adona.html</a>

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Every generation produces the 'best ever' player. Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Zidane, Puscas, Messi.

I never saw Puscas play, but I've seen all the others, and for me, the one player I saw and was just incredible to watch was George Best.

He had everything all those players had and more.

He could tackle, he could head, he could pass the ball, but he could dance around players with such ease when the tackles were flying in, it had to be seen to be believed.

Messi is the first player I have seen that approaches Best's skill levels, but he isn't as good as Best. I've never seen Messi evade a challenge, turn round, and skip over the trailing foot again!

Best did it all the time, for fun, then go and stick the ball in the net. Ok, that maybe a bit romantic, but anyone who saw him play knows what I mean.

It's a shame he is never named in anyones best team of all time, maybe it's because he never played in a world cup, but he is, in my mind, the greatest, most complete footballer I have ever seen.

And I've seen a few goodun's in my time.
I'm with you. Hate everything red but saw Best play loads of times and always came away marvelling at his ability and the amount of effort he put into winning the ball.The complete footballer who,had he played for one of the top international sides,would have cemented his place in the argument long ago.

If only he had played in modern football, with the soft fouls and brilliant pitches man he would've ripped assholes. Never seen anyone with such gifted skills as Maradonna.

de niro said:
the problem with maradona was he was a cheating coke snorting crackhead who even when not high was a right ****.
messi pisses all over him.

I think the cheating label has always gone too far. If it was the other way around we'd be patting our striker on the back. He tried his luck and got away with it, if the goal had been disallowed no one would ever mention it again. Maradona was hacked to bits to try and stop him. These days players go down with a slight touch which is cheating if they can stay on their feet

I don't know too much about coke, but would the side effects be beneficial or not?

Yep the best without a shadow of a doubt.
Exactly the same attributes as messi but was literally ' assaulted ' everytime he stepped on to the pitch.you had to almost murder someone to be sent off in them days.messi wouldn't have coped in the eighties like maradona did.he had serious strength and bravery as well as everything else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.