Maradona, truly the best player on this planet so far

Yep,

If we’re going down that road, then Pele and Maradona played during a period when it was okay to kick lumps out of the opposition’s star player.
Pele was surrounded by Rivelino, Jairzinho, Clodoaldo,, Gerson and Tostao, and for that reason alone, Maradona gets my vote, simply because it’s difficult to name the rest of Argentina 86 without reverting to google.

Don't get me wrong. Ronaldo was a top player,(and I went to Japan 2002), but by then the rules had changed.

Oh and Dragoslav Stepanovic.

I am old enough to remember watching Maradona in his pomp..... Every single kid my age went out and got an Argentina number 10 shirt when he took Argentina to the final and won the cup for them.

In my opinion he is and still is THE best player to ever grace a football pitch. People can call him a cheat but the reason he took those performance drugs was not because he needed it to be a better than the others, it was because his legs were shot after so many kickings that the players received in those days especially him. A

Ask messi himself and I bet he would not even put himself higher that maradona

pudge said:
TCIB said:
Messi

/thread
Not so fast...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a9aImx2uNk[/video]

I firmly believe if he had not be so unfortunate with injuries that he would as highly regarded as the likes of Pele, Maradona; a lot more so at least.

Spot on, this guy and Ronaldinho had off the field issues and severe injuries in Ronaldos case which seriously hindered their playing careers to a degree that will stop them being regarded as the best. Imagine Ronaldo in his prime in Reals set up today? Would make tranny look average.

Messi is the greatest ever. we are all lucky to be seeing him play in the here and now,forget the rose tinted days of long ago,whatever pele or diego could do messi does better,a genius,and he also survives assaults on the pitch every game,like all great players do/did. And forget the international/world cup albatross he has been given,George Best was Northern Irish!!!!

While I like Maradona more just because he was from my youth, I would have to say Messi is better. Part of greatness is respecting your god given ability. And I don't think Maradoo himself ever did that. His hunger for drugs and sex was more than his ability to be great. Pele had vices, but was more of a professional and Messi seems to be the same way. And yes, I think Zico is underrated. Part of it was playing for Flamenco and also his Brazil squads never really accomplished much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.