Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is if we'd overpaid for Cucurella, it would probably impact future transfers. Is Cucurella really worth all that potential future grief? Isn't there an alternative LB alternative in world football?

We paid £57m for Laporte & a reputed £72m for Dias, as well as £55m for Stones & £50m for Walker. The £62m for Cancelo wasn't offset against the £30m we received for Danilo, so his fee is debatable.

Was Cucurella worth £62m? Were any of the above worth their fees? I'd say in hindsight yes, but with Cucurella it remains to be seen if he can live up to a fee that must make him the most expensive full back in world football, or within striking distance of that accolade.

There's one benefit of Cucurella to Chelsea... The Brighton fans have fucked off to the Shed End, so I suppose that's summat? \0/
FYI :
Dias - 62 mil ( 15 mil euros in return for Otamendi )
Stones - 47 mil ( no add ons )

The issue isn’t spending an extra 10/15 million, it’s the principle. It’s took years for us to lose that city premium, giving into unrealistic demands because we’re desperate will bring it back.
It's confusing really. If city were zeroed in on principle, I simply can't understand why'd they splash out 100 mil pounds on Grealish. Like why though ?

Did that last night thanks.

Meanwhile on a football discussion forum I’ll continue to express concern that we’re actually very weak and light in a position we could have sorted once and for all if we’d spent what it took to do it. Now we’re left with some pretty average options or a season trying to fit square pegs in round holes if there’s even one injury.
Oh shit did the window shut??

Must have missed that.

What’s more of a gamble; hoping Walker and Cancelo can both play every game this season without injury/suspension, or spending over £50m to ensure there‘s not much drop in quality that costs us points or a cup when either misses some games?
Pretty sure we'll sign a left back. Relax.

What is perplexing is city not making use of the cash they got for selling key first team players. Why not go ahead an sign a decent talented winger too or even a right back.

Was Cucurella worth £62m? Were any of the above worth their fees? I'd say in hindsight yes, but with Cucurella it remains to be seen if he can live up to a fee that must make him the most expensive full back in world football, or within striking distance of that accolade.

Many good points but as for Cucurella’s worth, I do think he’s actually worth 62m. From my view he’s like a mix of Cancelo and Walker. Haven’t been impressed with any leftbacks in particular for years, but his talent is special and I think he will show it again this season. Unfortunately Chelsea got a pretty fucking great fullback, expensive or not. We would have been set in defense for years if we splashed the cash on him. It was a ton of money, but for a reason. He’s great and I’m really not happy with the other choices we have. Honestly I think the club won’t buy a leftback now. If none available fit the bill, maybe in the winter window.

I'd call it forward planning, I think we've suspected for at least ayear Sterling and Jesus would leave.
It was very obviously a signing that Pep wanted, and you can understand why.
For the generation who love and judge a player on stats and stats alone it doesn’t make sense but football is a bit more nuanced than that.

Reactions: kun
Many good points but as for Cucurella’s worth, I do think he’s actually worth 62m. From my view he’s like a mix of Cancelo and Walker. Haven’t been impressed with any leftbacks in particular for years, but his talent is special and I think he will show it again this season. Unfortunately Chelsea got a pretty fucking great fullback, expensive or not. We would have been set in defense for years if we splashed the cash on him. It was a ton of money, but for a reason. He’s great and I’m really not happy with the other choices we have. Honestly I think the club won’t buy a leftback now. If none available fit the bill, maybe in the winter window.
Pretty sure Ait Nouri is better than Cucurella in all aspects. Stat wise, eye test wise. Would love it if city go ahead and splash some cash on him. Albeit, he won't be cheap too. Wolves will have every right to demand 50 mil plus having seen Cuc gone for mind boggling money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.