Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's confusing really. If city were zeroed in on principle, I simply can't understand why'd they splash out 100 mil pounds on Grealish. Like why though ?
Grealish does seem like an outlier. As does Cancelo. Both seemed like overpriced luxury players (Cancelo proved to be value for money, yet to be seen on Grealish but not so far).

But look at Kane, Ronaldo, Maguire, van Dijk, Sanchez. We walked away because the price and/or wage was too high. It’s clearly out MO to make risk-reduced transfers, with the occasional exception.

Many good points but as for Cucurella’s worth, I do think he’s actually worth 62m. From my view he’s like a mix of Cancelo and Walker. Haven’t been impressed with any leftbacks in particular for years, but his talent is special and I think he will show it again this season. Unfortunately Chelsea got a pretty fucking great fullback, expensive or not. We would have been set in defense for years if we splashed the cash on him. It was a ton of money, but for a reason. He’s great and I’m really not happy with the other choices we have. Honestly I think the club won’t buy a leftback now. If none available fit the bill, maybe in the winter window.
How many times have you seen him over a 90 minute period?
Mix of Walker and Cancelo? Haha! Fuckinell!

Grealish does seem like an outlier. As does Cancelo. Both seemed like overpriced luxury players (Cancelo priced to be value for money, yet to be seen on Grealish but not so far).

But look at Kane, Ronaldo, Maguire, van Dijk, Sanchez. We walked away because the price and/or wage was too high. It’s clearly out MO to make risk-reduced transfers, with the occasional exception.
Cancelo money was offset by the 33 mil price tag for Danilo. So I don't really consider Cancelo as a luxury player.

The Grealish outlier is pretty big one. Tough to get your head around. He's one of the least hard working players on the pitch as was evident against Liverpool.

Cancelo money was offset by the 33 mil price tag for Danilo. So I don't really consider Cancelo as a luxury player.

The Grealish outlier is pretty big one. Tough to get your head around. He's one of the least hard working players on the pitch as was evident against Liverpool.
Grealish was offset by plenty of sales

Many good points but as for Cucurella’s worth, I do think he’s actually worth 62m. From my view he’s like a mix of Cancelo and Walker. Haven’t been impressed with any leftbacks in particular for years, but his talent is special and I think he will show it again this season. Unfortunately Chelsea got a pretty fucking great fullback, expensive or not. We would have been set in defense for years if we splashed the cash on him. It was a ton of money, but for a reason. He’s great and I’m really not happy with the other choices we have. Honestly I think the club won’t buy a leftback now. If none available fit the bill, maybe in the winter window.
So he’s a mixture of the best attacking left back in the league and the best defensive right back in the league?

Then why on earth does he have 1 cap at the age of 23, when Walker and Cancelo would start every game for Spain?

It was very obviously a signing that Pep wanted, and you can understand why.
For the generation who love and judge a player on stats and stats alone it doesn’t make sense but football is a bit more nuanced than that.
I think the way I see the team evolving with a striker and ,hopefully , a left back that overlaps with maybe Cancelo more as an overlapping right back then Grealish and Foden tucking in a bit as our wide forwards makes a lot of sense. In my head at least. Of course we do need a left back for that.

So he’s a mixture of the best attacking left back in the league and the best defensive right back in the league?

Then why on earth does he have 1 cap at the age of 23, when Walker and Cancelo would start every game for Spain?
It's crazy isn't it? I bet nobody would have been arsed if this bloke stayed at Brighton or not before this whole transfer saga unfolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.