Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Cucurella transferred from the Spanish league for 18 Million to Brighton. He had a decent season under Potter who has a similar possession base football to City. I have watched him closely and he would fit in perfectly. His season compared to our left backs is interesting ;
Screenshot (233).pngScreenshot (234).png

The big question is he coming as a starter or backup? if you look at the data both Cancelo and Zinny were better. He is also coming with a price tag of $41 million. If this player is signed that will be the last of Zinny in a City shirt because he won't start over any of our current mid.

Marc Cucurella transferred from the Spanish league for 18 Million to Brighton. He had a decent season under Potter who has a similar possession base football to City. I have watched him closely and he would fit in perfectly. His season compared to our left backs is interesting ;
View attachment 45224View attachment 45225

The big question is he coming as a starter or backup? if you look at the data both Cancelo and Zinny were better. He is also coming with a price tag of $41 million. If this player is signed that will be the last of Zinny in a City shirt because he won't start over any of our current mid.
Firstly I’d say he’s replacing Mendy. It’s evident when watching Cucurella why they want him. He’s been the 2nd/3rd best fullback in the league this season in terms of creative and defensive stats acc to Squawka.

Last edited:
He will be a superb signing and exactly what we need - a left back with pace and ability. When I've watched Brighton play (a few times this season) they play 'similar' to us in that they play football and the full backs get forward so he will fit in.

I don't think Cucurella arriving will mean that Zinchenko will leave. We need 2 players in each position. I think Zinchenko is a bright lad - he's making the absolute most of his ability and is winning a lot of medals. He knows he's not a guaranteed starter, but when he steps in he doesn't let you down. If he wanted to leave, he won't be going to Real Madrid or Bayern Munich either. I don't think Pep would want him to go either - he seems to be a popular member of the team who gets in with it. There's never any fuss with him, he must be a dream to manage.

I think he will carry on playing his part in the team, doing his absolute best when he's called upon.

Cucurella is a better player than Zinchenko, but we can't expect him to play every game at left back. Full backs are critical to the modern team and in Walker, Zinchenko, Cancelo and Cucurella we would have players with a really good spread of abilities.

Zinchenko won't be going anywhere, he will carry on carrying on!

Firstly I’d say he’s replacing Mendy. It’s evident when watching Cucurella why they want him. He’s been the 2nd/3rd best fullback in the league this season in terms of creative and defensive stats acc to Squawka.

I'm not disputing his quality and his price tag is expensive, is it a release clause maybe? Mendy is still contracted and from his Instagram, he is training for a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.