Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a quick Google of what would happen under employment law and it looks complicated. Dont think City would want to be taken to a tribunal for unfair dismissal. Whether City decide to register him for competitions is a different matter
I would think our obligation is to pay him. If we have more squad players than places available I assume it’s our choice

Haha if that’s so then it’s about time.

I spent most of my working life employed by companies in commercial roles and steering clear of ir35 implications in employing subcontractors was one of my concerns.
I then set up my own company and sold my services into local authorities - and, out of respect for it, I always kept at least 2 clients on my books at any one time to negate ir35.
Despite all the concerns over ir35 I had plenty of peers who were employed as independent contractors to one sole organisation, often for decades without a break, but never got any grief due to it.
It was a threat hanging over sole contractors and self employed but ultimately toothless I guess.

I retired 5 years ago, in my late 50’s due to my wife’s I’ll health, so I’m out of date on the topic :-D
Yeah all has to be PAYE and subject to NI now
I think ‘image rights’ is where there might be a grey area

E5D90B1C-84C5-42F0-8D1A-F594D76514BB.jpeg

Haha if that’s so then it’s about time.

I spent most of my working life employed by companies in commercial roles and steering clear of ir35 implications in employing subcontractors was one of my concerns.
I then set up my own company and sold my services into local authorities - and, out of respect for it, I always kept at least 2 clients on my books at any one time to negate ir35.
Despite all the concerns over ir35 I had plenty of peers who were employed as independent contractors to one sole organisation, often for decades without a break, but never got any grief due to it.
It was a threat hanging over sole contractors and self employed but ultimately toothless I guess.

I retired 5 years ago, in my late 50’s due to my wife’s I’ll health, so I’m out of date on the topic :-D
Pretty much mirrors part of my commercial employment. Called the subcontractors Direct Service Providers (DSP) so it sounded to the clients that the work was being carried out by employees and not subbing all the work out. But I digress......

He is suspended & unlikely to play for us again but will still have a squad place until his contract ends.

Depends on what you mean by squad place. If it is places of players registered in various competitions, then no he doesn't, and didn't last year, his place was given to Lavia who didn't yet at that point count as club trained.

Mendys place in squad is available also think we had 3 spare places last season so should be enough

It is, but we are currently full, with Phillips coming in that's us at the limit, one in one out now.

That's not to say we can't buy 5 new players, then sell 5 players before September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.