Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a point. Before the summer before we were linked I wouldn’t have had him down anywhere near that fee.
When we signed Walker for 50m thought that was crazy money but he's been worth every penny, that was before it was norm to be paying those prices. £40m + add ons will be a reasonable fee for Cucurella

The fact is, until Jesus to Arsenal (or Sterling to Chelsea) is confirmed, we don’t actually have a squad space for another signing beyond Phillips.

I would imagine once Gabby or Raz are done, we’ll see this one pick up from our side.

Whether Brighton decide they want to sell or not remains to be seen, but at the moment it’s all posturing on both sides as negotiations between the clubs haven’t formally started.

The fact is, until Jesus to Arsenal (or Sterling to Chelsea) is confirmed, we don’t actually have a squad space for another signing beyond Phillips.

I would imagine once Gabby or Raz are done, we’ll see this one pick up from our side.

Whether Brighton decide they want to sell or not remains to be seen, but at the moment it’s all posturing on both sides as negotiations between the clubs haven’t formally started.
Mendys place in squad is available also think we had 3 spare places last season so should be enough

Mendys place in squad is available also think we had 3 spare places last season so should be enough

Not sure that’s right mate, although if you know for a fact then fair enough.

I think we had two free spots during the second half of last season (post Torres), and with Ferna leaving that makes three - were adding Haaland, Phillips and Alvarez, so we’re at the full quota.

Mendy wasn’t included in either our PL or CL Squads after January, as far as I recall, so is included in the numbers already.

Is it crazy money? Walker, Cancelo, he who shall not be named, chilwell, Wan-Bissaka all over £45 million. Seems to be the going rate these days for a fullback.

For a genuinely class one, anyway. And that's not to mention three of our four centre halves, who came to us for substantially more. And the fourth, Aké, came to us for somewhat under — an estimated £41 million, so not very far away — but almost no-one was excited about his signing at the time.

Last edited:
I think it is very a good sign when potential transfers go quiet, I think it means that negotiations are close to completion, and nobody has any interest of leaking anything to the press.

I think the best almost silent transfer we ever made was Bernardo. Shame that we had to take Mendy as part of the deal, eh ;-)
North of fifty million quid for that guy. Does anyone now believe that?

When we signed Walker for 50m thought that was crazy money but he's been worth every penny, that was before it was norm to be paying those prices. £40m + add ons will be a reasonable fee for Cucurella
He’s at least as good as Ben White……..suspect that’s Bloom’s starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.