Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his point is there was no haggling from Brighton and the selling price was never revealed only that one of Arsenal’ bids eventually crossed the threshold.

So, If I understand it correctly, say Brighton wanted £52 million minimum but this was never revealed.

Arsenal bid 35 Brighton no answer no counter suggestion
Arsenal bid 45 Brighton no answer no counter suggestion
Arsenal bid 55 Brighton accept

I suppose it’s similar but at no point do Brighton reveal a figure they would be ok with and reduce from that figure. Again, if I understand correctly, most negotiations follow a proposal counter proposal until they meet somewhere in between.

I could be totally wrong of course!
Thanks mate, I do get your point and you may be right but I also don't think Bloom is any better at negotiations than Tixi and his team and it's probably polar opposites' which are taking place, I believe we have a price which we will pay and until they come down to it no deal.

I could also be wrong

Thanks mate, I do get your point and you may be right but I also don't think Bloom is any better at negotiations than Tixi and his team and it's probably polar opposites' which are taking place, I believe we have a price which we will pay and until they come down to it no deal.

I could also be wrong
I’m sure that’s true too we have done take it or leave as our one and only offer before If you can believe reports.

If the two clubs both worked that this way on this transfer you would think it would be over pretty quick one way or another.

City 50, Brighton no/yes, the end!

Last edited:

I could also be wrong

Thing is, they don't have to come down to it. If it doesn't meet Bloom's valuation, he doesn't have to move a muscle. That is the reality of the situation. Unhappy player? Sure. That's happened in the past.
I suspect that both parties will meet around the £50 million mark. No more in the know than anyone else, of course, and that's just going off my nose and pure intuition (what players of outstanding promise have been going for in the last two or three years, what City's been willing to pay for good defenders over the past five years.
Brighton are in a position of strength, but so in fact are City. City can and will walk away if the sum is simply absurd. We are league champions and have been for the past four out of five seasons. Most of it, with a completely crocked (and incompetent left back), replaced by a guy who's done sterling service, but for whom it isn't his natural position. We've also been finalists in the CL, and came within a whisker of being finalists again. We're doing o.k., to put it mildly. Bloom isn't stupid. Neither is Potter. £50 million or thereabouts would be a very serious sum of money for BHA and their budget (and Bloom's).
But neither club can bully the other. And both sides will be clearer on that than some posters on here (and on North Stand Chat, while we're about it).
We are all reasonable men here. Let's get together over a couple of Havanas and a bottle of Laphroaig, and cut a deal.

Is th8s guy actually quick? I saw him in a couple of games and he didnt look especially fast. I have a clear memory of salah eating up ten yards on him even after he had a head start to the ball.
Has a top speed of 34kmh. 1kmh slower than Walker, 2kmh faster than Cancelo and 4kmh than Zinchenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.