Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the alternative for us in case cucu is unable to force the move,

#ManCity have shown interest in VfB Stuttgart left-back, Borna Sosa. The Croatia international would be allowed to leave for between €20M and €25M.

Of course, there is a flipside to that argument, where an average / bad season could result in his stock falling and his market value dropping from 45m to, say, 25m.

Its not like we havent proposed bog sums for players before who have gone on to absolutely tank for their clubs who've refused our offer in the seasons after (or sign for Utd).

Fabien Ruiz, Fred, Alexis Sanchez all spring to mind.

Its about choosing the right time to sell for any club.
Yes the flip side, he has a bad season his value drops, wevwill the have to hope the rags are intrested naybe double what is asked now

The fact that City are still at the table tells you they think they can get their man. It’s a difficult scenario because we will have talked to the agent and got an indication from the player if he’s up for the move, the player and agent will no doubt have indicated to Brighton that they’d like the move - without burning all their bridges. City therefore have a level of commitment to the player and the agent to see this through but equally they’ll have made it clear how much they are prepared to pay - remember we had Kane missing training last year trying to force a move but once the player and agent were aware that Levy wouldn’t do business at £150m it was clear to all parties that a move just wasn’t happening. I suspect any indication of Brighton not budging from £50m could have a similar effect here, but it’ll depend on our valuation- but we tend to be quite rigid.

The fact that City are still at the table tells you they think they can get their man. It’s a difficult scenario because we will have talked to the agent and got an indication from the player if he’s up for the move, the player and agent will no doubt have indicated to Brighton that they’d like the move - without burning all their bridges. City therefore have a level of commitment to the player and the agent to see this through but equally they’ll have made it clear how much they are prepared to pay - remember we had Kane missing training last year trying to force a move but once the player and agent were aware that Levy wouldn’t do business at £150m it was clear to all parties that a move just wasn’t happening. I suspect any indication of Brighton not budging from £50m could have a similar effect here, but it’ll depend on our valuation- but we tend to be quite rigid.
There was a Brighton fan on here a while ago that suggested that when Arsenal were bidding for a player Bloom would not give them an acceptable price but that they would be told if and when they crossed the threshold. He was sold at quite a high price and presumably a bit higher than Bloom would have accepted. It stuck me as quite a clever tactic If you were under no pressure to sell. Bloom might be a harder nut to crack than Levy. His poker and betting background no doubt serves him well in negotiations.

There was a Brighton fan on here a while ago that suggested that when Arsenal were bidding for a player Bloom would not give them an acceptable price but that they would be told if and when they crossed the threshold. He was sold at quite a high price and presumably a bit higher than Bloom would have accepted. It stuck me as quite a clever tactic If you were under no pressure to sell. Bloom might be a harder nut to crack than Levy. His poker and betting background no doubt serves him well in negotiations.
That just feels like normal negotiation to me, both sides have a limit to what they will sell or buy for they haggle a bit back and forward with the price then Arsenal paid what they were prepared to, Brighton accepted what they deemed a fair offer.
Did they pay more than Bloom would have accepted? maybe but who really knows.

That just feels like normal negotiation to me, both sides have a limit to what they will sell or buy for they haggle a bit back and forward with the price then Arsenal paid what they were prepared to, Brighton accepted what they deemed a fair offer.

I've said all along that if this is really the guy, really the guy that Pep wants and thinks he can develop, a guy that potentially will play for years to come (and no, I don't think he'll be back off to Barcelona when he sees what's going on at this club, I just don't think it's plausible) — then £50 million wouldn't shock me. Even a bit more than that in the way of add-ons. Less would be a good deal, for sure.

That's pretty much the only way we do business. Do the deal with the player first and stop them talking to anyone else. Then it's just a straightforward negotiation with the selling club, who have been put in a difficult position because the player has said they want to join City. I'm sure that's what's happening here and I'm sure it's because we are waiting for Zin to sign somewhere.

I think his point is there was no haggling from Brighton and the selling price was never revealed only that one of Arsenal’ bids eventually crossed the threshold.

So, If I understand it correctly, say Brighton wanted £52 million minimum but this was never revealed.

Arsenal bid 35 Brighton no answer no counter suggestion
Arsenal bid 45 Brighton no answer no counter suggestion
Arsenal bid 55 Brighton accept

I suppose it’s similar but at no point do Brighton reveal a figure they would be ok with and reduce from that figure. Again, if I understand correctly, most negotiations follow a proposal counter proposal until they meet somewhere in between.

I could be totally wrong of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.