Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe were are not. You won’t remember when we signed Dias, I do everybody thought we were desperate for Koulibaly (i wasn’t, in fact i got a thread ban for saying Stones was better even though he was having difficulties at the time). Dias came right out of the blue, you have no idea of our intentions are. Nobody has, that’s how we do business. Don’t believe all you read about us in the press, it will make a mug of you.
ok if that is true then we should be angry at you as you are having an adverse affect on our player.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m aware going rate for top fullbacks is circa £50mil so I fully understand Brighton wanting that figure, I also know £30mil bid is fucking pointless. Hence why I see no reason this won’t get done for around £40mil plus between £5/10mil in add ons.
We all know this is where it's heading. The rest is just public posturing with an eye on the perception of each club in future negotiations.

Brighton don't want to be seen as a soft touch. City don't want to be seen as loadsamoney mugs. As you say I think both clubs will see the sense of splitting the difference of their respective valuations, with performance related add-ons as a sweetner for Brighton.

If Cucu works out as we hope, City won't mind paying the add-ons. If Brighton are that confident in his ability, they'll be happy to wait a season or two to get nearer their valuation with the agreed add-ons.

It's a win/win for both clubs & the player & the world will continue to spin.

I’d say our £30 million bid is a bit insulting. We are bidding less than we sold Zinchenko for. I wouldn’t say he is worth as much as £50 million after one very impressive PL season. I’d say closer to £40 million , somewhere around that mark I’d be happy to pay.

I think it’s really a position we have to fill , going into the season with just 2 full-backs (none of which are natural left-backs) without the wingers of Sterling , Jesus stretching the play is very concerning.

I think Wilson-Esbrand may play a bigger part next season , if we cannot get this deal done. Otherwise Ake could perhaps cover that position but he does not offer much going forward meaning if we ended up playing Ake and Walker as the full-backs we wouldn’t have much threat from the wing-backs spots. We would be also reliant solely on Cancelo for attacking threat from wing-back

It feels like I got band from this thread for a few minuets.

Let me make one thing perfectly clea.
I wouldn't want Man City owner, Liverpool Owners Chelsea owners Tottenham, Palace, Forest owners. I wouldn't want any owner in the universe, because we have Tony Bloom.

He has taken us from a relegation battle in league 1 to 9th in the Prem , built a stadium, training ground that we are proud of. An academy thats starting to produce and attract young players fit for a Prem team, built ascouting system that can find value players that we can sell for a profit.

Made the womens team one of the best in the country with an academy that has the highest ranking it can get, built a training ground attached to the mens that is ranked as good as any femail training ground.

Just as importantly he is a Brighton fan, like me, he was born and bread in Brighton like me, he was most likely picked on for being a Brighton fan like me. He gets being a Brighton fan. Why would I want anyone else in exisistance when we have him.

We won the lottery when he took over Brighton, and you know what, all that and the likely hood is we will never win a trophy in my lifetime.
And? :-|

It feels like I got band from this thread for a few minuets.

Let me make one thing perfectly clea.
I wouldn't want Man City owner, Liverpool Owners Chelsea owners Tottenham, Palace, Forest owners. I wouldn't want any owner in the universe, because we have Tony Bloom.

He has taken us from a relegation battle in league 1 to 9th in the Prem , built a stadium, training ground that we are proud of. An academy thats starting to produce and attract young players fit for a Prem team, built ascouting system that can find value players that we can sell for a profit.

Made the womens team one of the best in the country with an academy that has the highest ranking it can get, built a training ground attached to the mens that is ranked as good as any femail training ground.

Just as importantly he is a Brighton fan, like me, he was born and bread in Brighton like me, he was most likely picked on for being a Brighton fan like me. He gets being a Brighton fan. Why would I want anyone else in exisistance when we have him.

We won the lottery when he took over Brighton, and you know what, all that and the likely hood is we will never win a trophy in my lifetime.
You’d trade him in a heartbeat. Don’t kid yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.