Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pride before a fall they say….

Not sure who’s yet, but I do know it doesn’t make sense to pay £50M from city’s point of view. We paid £42M for an established international in a position that we had to fill.….I think it’s unlikely we’ll pay £50M for Cucurella for a position where Cancelo, arguable one of the best PL players at LB last season, can play, with cover from Ake if needed.

Not ideal but I think at 3.5x his value 12 months ago, Cucurella is too expensive.

Ake was Bournemouth player of the season and their best players,and started every game for them,they accepted 40 million pounds
He’d also played 23 games for Netherlands and City weren’t the only team interested in him.

Brighton have a game today so if Cucurella plays the deal is probably no where near done

Dont you see, you are showing just how insulting the £30m bid was. Bazanu highest domestic level he played was League 1 I will say rhat again League 1 and you got £17m for him. A team that finished 9th in the Prem you offered less than twice that. I don't think you would accept £50m for Fogden. I think you would accept £50m for Ake now thats a good comparison.
It’s not insulting, it’s business. If £30M is what our acquisition team think is what he’s worth, than that’s the bid. Personally I don’t think he’s worth any more. I remember his performance at our place and he only stood out for being poor. Anyone can have a bad game so I’m not basing my views solely on that. Why are you bothered? I’m not, if we lose our minds and offer £40M+ then you get what you want. If we walk away, you get what you want. He’s an ok/ average to decent left back, not prime Messi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This transfer is playing out in the same way as the Ben White to Leeds saga. On that occasion Leeds seemed to think £30m was a perfectly reasonable valuation that Brighton owner Tony Bloom didn't agree with.
Bloom politely declined it without much noise and kept his counsel until £50m was agreed with Arsenal 12 months later.

Cucurella is a very exciting, skilful young player with a brilliant attitude (you know that). In todays marketplace he's worth £50m all day long and will become a City favourite.
As a Brighton fan I'm expecting him to sign for City for an 'undisclosed' fee that we will never know, but will likely be £50m.

But let's face it, none of us really know what's happening.

It’s not insulting, it’s business. If £30M is what our acquisition team think is what he’s worth, than that’s the bid. Personally I don’t think he’s worth any more. I remember his performance at our place and he only stood out for being poor. Anyone can have a bad game so I’m not basing my views solely on that. Why are you bothered? I’m not, if we lose our minds and offer £40M+ then you get what you want. If we walk away, you get what you want. He’s an ok/ average to decent left back, not prime Messi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you guys value him at £30m and you know (which you must of, that we would not accept anywhere near that, then why carry on your pursuit of him???

If you guys value him at £30m and you know (which you must of, that we would not accept anywhere near that, then why carry on your pursuit of him???
Listen mate. You and i dont know what going on behind the scenes. Maybe city have already moved on to another target, we don't know.

We did the same thing when we got dias. Chased koulibaly(in media) and got dias out of nowhere

I reacted like that at first. It seemed derisory. But the more I think about it, it's just a opening bid. Nobody — nobody — thinks that he'll go for that (if indeed he does go). It's just putting down an opening marker. That's all. Negotiations will take place from there on up. Whether City will go up to £50 million I'm not now sure. I'd probably pay that, but hey, I don't happen to have that in my account at present. As we've said from the start, City will also be looking at other targets.
We do definitely need another full back. Sorry, a nineteen-year-old Josh Wilson-Esbrand is not the solution. And Pep knows it all too well. I'd fancy Aké to play on that side on an occasional basis, and not really in high stakes matches (i.e. knock-out stages of CL, the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea in the league).

It's just a bit worthless as a bid. By all accounts, Brighton have been clear on their valuation and don't seemingly budge by a great deal - knowing that and offering far far beneath it is just daft. I'm not particularly arsed what City want to pay or not, just weird to go in with that.

Maybe were are not. You won’t remember when we signed Dias, I do everybody thought we were desperate for Koulibaly (i wasn’t, in fact i got a thread ban for saying Stones was better even though he was having difficulties at the time). Dias came right out of the blue, you have no idea of our intentions are. Nobody has, that’s how we do business. Don’t believe all you read about us in the press, it will make a mug of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.