Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this thread has gone to shit. Brighton fucking Brighton fans coming on giving it large. Pay this pay that. You can’t mess with bloom he has taken over levy’s role as master of coin.

Waste of words. The only person who matters is Cucu and he is looking out. Anything else reported is bullshit. City will offer what we deem acceptable. If it not enough to buy they player then that’s that. All this crying over a fucking lb they purchased not 1 year ago.

Brighton and fucking hove!!!!!

Fuck this shit.

Have your day in the sun Albion, back to reality soon with a wet patch and a shit pier.
Haha, couldn’t have summarised it any better!

I knew absolutely nothing about him (even his name) until this thread occurred. I am puzzled by an article I found however:-

"Arguably the UK’s most notorious sports bettor, Tony Bloom, is the owner of Starlizard, a company that describes itself as a betting consultancy.

Based out of Camden, London, Starlizard is also the sole adviser for Bloom’s betting syndicate, who every weekend have £1 million riding on any given football game.

This makes Starlizard the biggest betting syndicate in Britain and it is believed they make roughly £100 million a year, but that would be an average year.

Due to the secrecy surrounding the company, little is known about their total earnings, although it’s quite safe to assume it’s in the billions of pounds.

Starlizard’s 160 employees use complex statistical models to generate football odds that are more accurate than those offered by bookmakers. They even take into account the weather forecast and the overall morale of a team!

These ‘sharper’ odds are then sold to their clients so they themselves can beat the market! His much respected advice generates £13.8 million annually from customers.

Starlizard’s employees sign strict non-disclosure agreements upon joining the company and once they have worked past their ‘probation period’ they are invited to a free stake in Bloom’s syndicate a.k.a. The Golden Ticket!"

Surely as players and staff aren't allowed to bet on games this is a huge no no? And if it's all shrouded in so much secrecy where is the money coming from that he's invested in Brighton? Has he ever been accused of money laundering for instance? How did he pass the fit & proper person test?

Don't think they do anything wrong. It is shrouded in secrecy because of competitors.
Might be unsavoury for some but not illegal.

The only thing I worry about signing this guy is his ties to that shithole Barca. He will want to go back there eventually
Think that's the one of the reasons why we don't want to sign him for 50M. We won't make much resale value. He will be wanting to leave in 2 years not a long term investment

Last edited:
You are being naive if you want a seriously pissed off & unmotivated player who doesn't want you, rotting away at your club & lowering the team spirit.

Evidently you haven't seen the carnage caused by trying to keep someone against their will.

It's City policy. If a player wants to leave, we set a REALISTIC valuation & will do whatever it takes to facilitate that. I mean, we've just sold a 4 x PL, 3 x CC, 1 x FA Cup, Ukrainian national team captain for £32m.

We've also just sold a 4 x PL, 3 x CC, 1 x FA Cup Brazil international forward for for £45m

Again we've just sold a 4 x PL, 3 x CC, 1 x FA Cup England international forward for £47.5m

And Brighton want £50m for a 0 trophy 2 cap Spanish international reserve 12 months after buying him for £15m? Get real dude! :-/

Bloom isn't seriously expecting us to pay that, & we're not seriously expecting Bloom to accept £30m, but City are realistic, serious business people & it's best you look at how we conduct our transfers & accept we have respectful principles.

If those principles aren't reciprocated, we're more than prepared to walk away leaving the profiteering club to pick up the pieces with a seriously pissed off & unmotivated player. That's when you'll realise the effect one angry player can have on your whole club.

Carry on with it fella, but don't say we didn't warn you, as we've walked away from way bigger deals than Cucurella.
I’ll call YOUR bluff, maybe Bloom will, maybe he won’t. But go on, walk out the door, don’t turn around now, your not welcome any more (smiley, cheesey wave)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.