Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post, also it's always thrown at us that we inflate transfer fees, yet other clubs set unrealistic prices whilst we set more than reasonable ones.
City can't win. We try & negotiate good prices for players & we're taking the piss. We pay or ask for what we feel are realistic valuations & we're ruining football.

Fuck em! Txiki is doing a great job & has negotiated us through trickier situations.

I agree with your post, but is any player really worth the price. The selling club price him high, buying club say not worth that price him lower, negotiations start. What i will say i think clubs outside the top 6 play the system when dealing with top 6 sides.
Man city tax because we all think ur awash with money and its no problem.
Liverpool charge them extra because who wants to move to Liverpool unless you want to become a victim.

The other 3 London clubs, well its London and we all get ripped off with prices there, £7.90 a pint of beer.

That just leaves the rags as u call them, well just put a high price on the players head, let them know how much u want for him and they will offer more.

Aplayer is only worth what the buying team agree to pay for him unless itsva bidding war or a buy out clause.
Haven't really got a problem with that as your club are trying to get every million they can, its more the other idiot who has got a real bee in his bonnet about an opening bid of £30m as an insult. We have a price we want to pay, Brighton have a price they want us to meet. There will be negotiations & a comprimise or he'll stay a Brighton player. Most on here think if we bid around the £45m mark then it will be done.

Sorry i know its strange to reply to my own post but just to clarify. I applied to join this forum for the above reasons and was granted. I worded the above quote wrong by putting invited.

I hope none of my replies have been out of order. Just here to try to add to what is generally a good debate but if they have i appologise. If you want me to stop posting then i will.

Not at all and to be honest I think your take has been pretty sensible.

If City, the Premiership champions, think a player can improve their left back position 30 million is not realistically a figure going to get a player with years left on his contract, a club without financial concerns and at a place where the manager wants him to stay.

It would be ridiculous for Brighton to sell at that price and Cucurella knows that also. I think it will be agreed at 45 million plus add ons.

Last edited:
This transfer is playing out in the same way as the Ben White to Leeds saga. On that occasion Leeds seemed to think £30m was a perfectly reasonable valuation that Brighton owner Tony Bloom didn't agree with.
Bloom politely declined it without much noise and kept his counsel until £50m was agreed with Arsenal 12 months later.

Cucurella is a very exciting, skilful young player with a brilliant attitude (you know that). In todays marketplace he's worth £50m all day long and will become a City favourite.
As a Brighton fan I'm expecting him to sign for City for an 'undisclosed' fee that we will never know, but will likely be £50m.

But let's face it, none of us really know what's happening.
But isn't that the point of negotiation, Arsenal put in a bid to keep the final deal at the maximum they wanted to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.