Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm strongly of the opinion that it'll be a straight £42mill, Delap I don't think is going anywhere.

Is it true that Bloom is a professional poker player? I'm sure I read that somewhere?

;)
I am Gullyball...I eventually saw what you did but unfortunately I responded without seeing your wink first!

Thought I would join your Forum even if its only till Cucurella signs!!! Season tkt holder at Brighton for nearly 50years so sorry if I ramble on abit. Saw the likes of Lawrenson, Horton, Vicente Rodriquez pass through our club but never seen such an exciting player as Cucurella! In one season under Potter he transformed us into a watchable attacking side. What he could do for your side with the abundance of flair and quality at your disposal is quite frightening. You've signed Europes hottest property and spending £50m on our LB, LWB and sometimes CB will stick at least another 10 to 15 goals to his tally. You may not want to spend that on OUR boy but if you don't then one of the other big boys will in time to come! Not going to get caught up in the talk about Bloom but if you offer 42m and Delap on a season long loan ( who would flourish under Potter, and would come back a stronger player) then I would say good deal for all. UTA and shite on Utd.
Good opening post - welcome to bluemoon.

Always nice to have a balanced opposition supporter on here. We've had some good Evertonians, a West Ham fan who's great until England play, some weird Spurs fans and a lot of deluded scousers. There's a Sunderland fan knocking about who is good value as well.

The Glaswegians have to be watched as they tend to let things get to them. The German lads are fantastic.

Stay around whatever happens with Cucurella.

Thought I would join your Forum even if its only till Cucurella signs!!! Season tkt holder at Brighton for nearly 50years so sorry if I ramble on abit. Saw the likes of Lawrenson, Horton, Vicente Rodriquez pass through our club but never seen such an exciting player as Cucurella! In one season under Potter he transformed us into a watchable attacking side. What he could do for your side with the abundance of flair and quality at your disposal is quite frightening. You've signed Europes hottest property and spending £50m on our LB, LWB and sometimes CB will stick at least another 10 to 15 goals to his tally. You may not want to spend that on OUR boy but if you don't then one of the other big boys will in time to come! Not going to get caught up in the talk about Bloom but if you offer 42m and Delap on a season long loan ( who would flourish under Potter, and would come back a stronger player) then I would say good deal for all. UTA and shite on Utd.
Sounds like a fair deal to me

Good opening post - welcome to bluemoon.

Always nice to have a balanced opposition supporter on here. We've had some good Evertonians, a West Ham fan who's great until England play, some weird Spurs fans and a lot of deluded scousers. There's a Sunderland fan knocking about who is good value as well.

The Glaswegians have to be watched as they tend to let things get to them. The German lads are fantastic.

Stay around whatever happens with Cucurella.
A West Ham fan who’s great until England play. Love it:D

Silence is probably good for both sets of fans - constant overly opinionated, antagonistic media updates on nothing at all from either side just serve to wind the fans up, and cause the kind of mindless bickering we’ve seen on here and other places over recent weeks - between two sets of fans who really have no reason to have any sort of a problem with each other!

It’s clear the clubs are talking to one another, so all the stuff about insulting offers, players going on strike and heels being dug in on both sides are just pure melodrama to fill column inches while the real negotiations happen.

Completely pointless - and I very much doubt the reality of the conversations is anywhere near as childish or unprofessional as it’s being made out.
Exactly…….some laughable stuff being posted on both sides, almost all of from people making it up as they go along. The irony is that if/when the deal is done, we still won’t know the details anyway- literally all our business is ‘undisclosed’ (and if anything leaks, Barber will be swiftly in the press saying ‘it was more than that’ or something).

2016 Mendy :

- Key cog in Monaco's Ligue 1 winning squad
- One of their best players in Monaco's road to UCL semis, putting in a masterclass against Pep's Man city.
- Was highly coveted youth player under Bielsa's Marseille.

2022 Cuc :
- 3 caps for Spain
- 3 g/a

I'm not saying Mendy was a good servant for Man city and I pray he never features for the team ever again but I can atleast justify spending some money on 2016 Mendy. Can anyone justify 50 mil 'pounds' price tag on Cucurella (except that he has 4 years on contract) ? Txiki is right to not overpay for him.

When we bought him everyone agreed he was great going forward but iffy defensively and so it proved. His injury probably didn't help and now we have the trial he faces.

Transfer fees have shot up since and we must have watched this lad plenty of times. We have the money and desperately need a left back, have done for a while, more now Zinchenko has gone. If we take the fee from his sale then this lad is costing us 20 million. If by haggling we get him for less great. If not we should pay the fee asked. What's the alternative? Spend less on a player not as good?

We'll see how it pans out.

That's actually a good deal all round. I like the idea of Delap getting regular game time with Potter and your boys. Whether that will actually appeal to Albion if there's no buy option seems doubtful to me.
Now just pop to Vegas to try to get hold of Tony at Caesar's Palace for a word in his ear (or pop into your local Tesco's, if it's easier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.